Account Director France
Aiven provides an open source data platform as a service. We help organizations fuel the continuous innovation needed to create cutting edge, data-intensive applications by using the leading open source technologies.
We’ve got the will - our vision: Aiven is a trusted open source data platform for everyone.
We’ve got the way - our values: openness, ownership and courage. We’re proud of our positive and passionate working environment, and it makes us really excited about what we can achieve. With us, you’ll be free to contribute creatively and meaningfully.
We’ve got the funding - our trusted backers: with world-class investors like Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, in 2022 we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel global expansion, sustainability and diversity in tech. With a recent valuation of $3B, we’re one of the tech world’s most recent unicorns.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people and invest in building a diverse team. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. We have a journey ahead of us, and we are committed to taking that journey towards being a more diverse and inclusive company.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
Our Account Directors are responsible for delivering an assigned quota by actively selling Aiven’s Database-as-a-Service (DBaaS) platform to senior level executives and key decision makers of our existing customers as well as prospects. This involves developing relationships with executive and technical contacts across an organization, as well as being responsible for challenging customers' current way of working, demonstrating how Aiven’s open-source managed data services effectively and efficiently allow software development teams to drastically improve time to market, while keeping costs in line with budget expectations. Successful candidates must develop a sound understanding of the Aiven solution, market landscape, as well as the partner ecosystem in their region.
What You'll Do:
- Developing existing strategic accounts by strengthening existing relationships with our customers, identifying and qualifying new partners within the organization and developing compelling arguments at a strategic level
- Uncovering customers plans and future needs and working closely with the wider organization (Product management, Support, etc) to ensure Aiven can continue being a strategic partner to our key customers and bringing value to the customers' business
- Working with Solution Architects, Sales Development Representatives and Partner Sales Managers to collaboratively maintain a pipeline of qualified opportunities sufficient to meet and exceed monthly revenue targets
- Active role in local territory and marketing activities planning with extended team
- Providing accurate and predictable forecasting of business by successfully managing the sales processes
- Closing sales opportunities using superior presentation and negotiation skills, and bringing experience and confidence in presenting and closing business at VP and C-Level
- Opening new accounts, developing proposals, responding to RFP’s and conducting sales presentations for prospective customers
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of enterprise class software sales experience; selling complex solutions to the top 15% of revenue-contributing customers
- Consistent track record of overachievement against revenue targets
- Successful in a team setting
- Experience with Cloud, SaaS (preferred), data infrastructure, or DevOps
- Demonstrated ability to drive pipeline growth via prospecting
- History selling to Development and/or Product Organizations
- Proficiency in French and English
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage everyone to apply. We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs, fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find meaningful outside of work - and get paid for it! Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
- Need insurance? We’ve got you covered - benefit from our: Medical Insurance and Travel insurance
Amazing! What’s next?
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV and we’ll get in touch.
How to Recognise and Avoid Employment Scams
There has been a rise in fake job postings used by scammers to get personal information. Please familiarise yourself with the red flags of a potential scam.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.