Partner Lead, Hyperscalers (AMER)
Aiven provides an open-source data platform-as-a-service. We help organizations fuel the continuous innovation needed to create cutting edge, data-intensive applications by using leading open-source technologies.
We’ve got the will - our mission: make developers’ lives better, and help companies grow their business sustainably and securely.
We’ve got the way - our values: openness, ownership and courage. We’re proud of our positive and passionate working environment, and it makes us really excited about what we can achieve. With us, you’ll be free to contribute creatively and meaningfully.
We’ve got the funding - our trusted backers: with world-class investors like Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, in 2022 we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel global expansion, sustainability and diversity in tech. With a recent valuation of $3B, we’re one of the tech world’s most recent unicorns.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people and invest in building a diverse team. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. We have a journey ahead of us, and we are committed to taking that journey towards being a more diverse and inclusive company.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
The Partner Lead, Hyperscalers, is responsible for selling Aiven’s PaaS to senior-level executives and key decision makers at Google, AWS and Microsoft for their region. This involves developing relationships with executive and technical contacts across the hyperscaler organizations.
This role will be responsible for challenging customers’ current way of working, demonstrating how Aiven’s open-source managed data services effectively and efficiently allow software development teams to drastically improve time to market, while keeping costs in line with budget expectations.
Successful candidates must develop a sound understanding of the Aiven solution, market and political landscape, as well as the partner ecosystem in their region.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure adoption and sales growth with our hyperscaler partners (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Utilize superior presentation, proposal and negotiation skills to develop new and expanded partner opportunities within the hyperscalers.
- Forecast new hyperscaler partner business.
- Work with Solution Architects and Sales Development Representatives collaboratively, to maintain a pipeline of qualified opportunities sufficient to meet and exceed monthly revenue targets.
- Provide accurate and predictable forecasting of business by successfully managing the sales processes.
- Close sales opportunities using superior presentation and negotiation skills, and bring experience and confidence in presenting and closing business at the VP and C-Level.
- Develop proposals, respond to RFP’s and conduct sales presentations for prospective customers
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years of enterprise-class software sales experience; selling complex solutions to the top 15% of revenue-contributing customers
- Consistent track record of overachievement against revenue targets
- Successful in a team setting
- Experience with Cloud, SaaS, data infrastructure, and/or DevOps
- Demonstrated ability to drive pipeline growth via prospecting
- History selling to Development and/or Product Organizations
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage you to apply. We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs, fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find meaningful outside of work - and get paid for it. Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Support or mentor earlier stage startups through our Cluster Startup program.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
- We care about your learning. We provide beginners and advanced German lessons to help you settle in to your new environment
- Your wellbeing matters: we provide professional massage at the office as well as health and fitness benefits through Urban Sport Club membership
- Love breakfast. So do we. Join us at our monthly team breakfast
- Know someone who would be the perfect fit for Aiven? Benefit from our referral bonus programme as soon as you join.
Amazing, What’s next
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV, and we’ll get in touch!
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.
At Aiven, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our working environment and job application procedures. We make all reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or who otherwise need support to thrive in the workplace. We are committed to continuously improving workplace accessibility. There is an option to request a discussion in the application process but if you have any questions before applying please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.