Product Marketing Category Lead, Platform and Open Source
Aiven is building the trusted open-source data platform for everyone.
Our customers choose Aiven to manage the software and everything related to it, so they can focus on building their own apps and services without worrying about data infrastructure.
We’ve got the will - our mission: make developers’ lives easier, and help companies grow their business sustainably and securely.
We’ve got the way - our values: openness, ownership and courage. We are proud of our positive and passionate working environment, and we are really excited about what we can achieve. With us, you will be free to contribute creatively and meaningfully.
We’ve got the funding - our trusted backers: with world-class investors like Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, in 2022 we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel global expansion, sustainability and diversity in tech. With a recent valuation of $3B, we are one of the tech world’s most recent unicorns.
We have amazing customers - industry titans like Priceline, Comcast, Toyota, Adeo, Supermetrics, and many more. At Aiven, you'll join a team that empowers businesses worldwide, from startups to Fortune 500 enterprises, across diverse sectors in over 60 countries.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We strive every day to build an inclusive workplace where all of us can thrive.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
About the Position:
Customers interact with the Aiven Platform to deploy, control, operate, and scale open-source data infrastructure technologies including Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, Redis, and OpenSearch.
The Aiven Platform enables customers to launch services across AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure in more than 150 regions worldwide, and supports a variety of security and compliance features as well as control plane interfaces including the Aiven Terraform Provider and the Aiven Operator for Kubernetes.
We have an opportunity for a Product Marketing Category Lead, Platform, at the Director level, to further position Aiven’s Platform as the trusted open-source data platform in the market.
We are seeking a passionate leader who will build awareness and drive adoption of the Aiven Platform through development of content and messaging and through the execution of PLG and direct sales GTM programs; drive the creation of assets for sales enablement; maintain competitive intelligence; and manage product and feature launches.
In addition to the platform marketing responsibilities, the successful candidate will also drive product marketing for Aiven originated Open Source projects, including Karapace, Klaw, and others.
Key to this position is knowledge of the cloud service provider market (AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure), and strong GTM experience with a significant experience of B2B developer and technical decision maker focused GTM efforts. This role will report directly to the VP of Product Marketing.
- Create a differentiated market positioning and messaging for platform wide features including API, tooling, security, support, and platform to partner integrations
- Provide compelling value propositions, business benefits and technical highlights that match the needs of different roles in customer organizations.
- Define and profile key target audiences for your service areas
- Translate the technical details of Aiven’s services to tangible customer benefits
- Define and lead initiatives with Product team to increase the product adoption and trial through both PLG and sales-sold motions
- Lead product and feature launches with the cross functional teams to drive awareness and product adoption
- Equip our sales and marketing teams with the collateral and sales tools they need to be successful
- Keep track of competitors in your area; Perform market and competitive analysis for the service areas you are responsible for
- Hold a regular sales enablement and training sessions focusing new and existing product features, and competitor analysis
- Present and talk about your category in demand generation events, industry events and tradeshows
- Participate in analyst relations activities
- 8+ years of experience in B2B product/technical marketing
- Experience in working at or with the CSPs (AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure)
- Passion for content that resonates with Developers, DevOp Professionals or Data Engineers
- Experience supporting sales and GTM teams
- Experience in running and improving product and feature launch projects
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Interest in creating and delivering demos and in creating technical blogs
- Ability to translate technical features to business benefits
- Collaborative skills to facilitate cross functional working
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Excellent English, both written and spoken
We are proud of our supportive and pragmatic organizational culture. We are solution-oriented and, at the same time, we cultivate an environment of trust and diversity where everyone can strive for excellence.
Besides our people and culture, at Aiven you will have:
- A dynamic environment in a rapidly growing, international business
- Highly experienced colleagues from a variety of backgrounds
- Flexible working hours, including remote work
- Ability to choose the devices and tools that make you work the best
- Mobile phone and subscription
- Participation in employee stock option plan
- Home Internet subscription
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit and growing team, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a truly unique success story. If you’re interested, send us your application and we'll take it from there.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes.
Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.