Product Marketing Lead, Streaming
Aiven is building the trusted open-source data platform for everyone.
Our customers choose Aiven to manage the software and everything related to it, so they can focus on building their own apps and services without worrying about data infrastructure.
We’ve got the will - our mission: make developers’ lives easier, and help companies grow their business sustainably and securely.
We’ve got the way - our values: openness, ownership and courage. We are proud of our positive and passionate working environment, and we are really excited about what we can achieve. With us, you will be free to contribute creatively and meaningfully.
We’ve got the funding - our trusted backers: with world-class investors like Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, in 2022 we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel global expansion, sustainability and diversity in tech. With a recent valuation of $3B, we are one of the tech world’s most recent unicorns.
We have amazing customers - industry titans like Priceline, Comcast, Toyota, Adeo, Supermetrics, and many more. At Aiven, you'll join a team that empowers businesses worldwide, from startups to Fortune 500 enterprises, across diverse sectors in over 60 countries.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We strive every day to build an inclusive workplace where all of us can thrive.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
About the Position:
We have an opportunity for a Product Marketing Lead, Streaming on Aiven Product Marketing Team. The Product Marketing Team at Aiven plays a critical role in creating and establishing product messaging and positioning that influences awareness, product adoption and GTM activities. This role will be focused on driving awareness and adoption of Aiven’s streaming data portfolio, which includes Aiven for Apache Kafka and Aiven for Apache Flink, and incorporates MirrorMaker, Klaw, and Karapace.
We are seeking a passionate leader who will accelerate adoption of the Aiven Streaming portfolio by: driving the creation of content and messaging; developing and executing PLG and direct sales GTM programs; creating and maintaining assets for sales enablement programs; maintaining competitive intelligence; and managing product and feature launches. This role will report directly to the VP of Product Marketing.
- Create and maintain differentiated market positioning and messaging framework for the Aiven data streaming portfolio
- Develop compelling value propositions, business benefits and technical highlights that align with the needs of different personas within customer organizations.
- Define and profile target audiences for your category
- Translate the technical details of Aiven’s services to tangible customer benefits
- Lead initiatives with Product and PLG teams to drive increased trial and product adoption metrics
- Lead major and minor product launches with the cross functional team to increase awareness and product adoption
- Equip Aiven’s sales and marketing teams with the collateral and sales tools they need to be successful
- Keep track of competitors relevant to your category. Perform market and competitive analysis for the service in your category
- Hold a regular sales training & enablement sessions including new product features and competitor analysis
- Participate in webinars, industry events and tradeshows relevant to your category
- Participate in analyst relations activities
- 7+ years of experience in B2B product marketing
- Strong knowledge and experience of the data streaming category, with products such as Kafka and Flink
- Passion for content that resonates with enterprise decision maker and practitioner personas (developer, DevOps, CXO)
- Experience in supporting & enabling sales and GTM teams
- Experience in running and improving launch projects
- Excellent English language writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to translate technical features to business benefits
- Collaborative skills to facilitate cross functional working
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent fluency in English language, both written and spoken
We are proud of our supportive and pragmatic organizational culture. We are solution-oriented and, at the same time, we cultivate an environment of trust and diversity where everyone can strive for excellence.
Besides our people and culture, at Aiven you will have:
- A dynamic environment in a rapidly growing, international business
- Highly experienced colleagues from a variety of backgrounds
- Flexible working hours, including remote work
- Ability to choose the devices and tools that make you work the best
- Mobile phone and subscription
- Participation in employee stock option plan
- Home Internet subscription
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit and growing team, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a truly unique success story. If you’re interested, send us your application and we'll take it from there.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes.
Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.