Solution Architect (Germany)
Aiven provides an open source data platform as a service. We help organizations fuel the continuous innovation needed to create cutting edge, data-intensive applications by using the leading open source technologies.
We’ve got the will - our vision: Aiven is a trusted open source data platform for everyone.
We’ve got the way - our values: openness, ownership and courage. We’re proud of our positive and passionate working environment, and it makes us really excited about what we can achieve. With us, you’ll be free to contribute creatively and meaningfully.
We’ve got the funding - our trusted backers: with world-class investors like Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, in 2022 we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel global expansion, sustainability and diversity in tech. With a recent valuation of $3B, we’re one of the tech world’s most recent unicorns.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people and invest in building a diverse team. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. We have a journey ahead of us, and we are committed to taking that journey towards being a more diverse and inclusive company.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
We are looking for a customer-centric Solution Architect to promote the use Aiven's managed open source services. An ideal candidate will be passionate about open-source technology and genuinely want to help customers in a pre-sales and post-sales capacity.
Suitable candidates must have proven experience in the following areas that will be required in their day-to-day job: Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, InfluxDB and Grafana.
Any migration experience from Oracle to PostgreSQL will be considered an asset.
- Helping customers succeed, building successful relationships from the pre-sales stage to roll out and beyond
- Conduct successful proof of concepts and solve the customers' problems in getting up and running
- Actively contribute to customer stability, enablement, and growth
- Travel up to 10% of the time
What We're Looking For:
- Ability to understand customers’ technical requirements on an architectural level and propose solutions using Aiven’s services
- Experience implementing PoCs as needed, to work with Aiven services in order to address business requirements
- Knowledgeable of public clouds (AWS, Google or Azure) and in the areas of compute, storage - block and object, networking, and security groups
- Linux operating system, demonstrable experience using various Linux utilities and tools (installation, securing system, storage, etc.) and a good grasp of networking basics like DNS
- A fairly deep conceptual understanding of Kafka and at least one of Cassandra or Elasticsearch.
- Proficiency in German and English
- Demonstrable use of relational databases preferably PostgreSQL and/or MySQL
The following are nice to have:
- Writing technical blogs and conducting webinars, and giving talks at conferences and meetups
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage everyone to apply! We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs, fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find meaningful outside of work - and get paid for it. Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
- Your wellbeing matters: we provide professional massage at the office as well as health and fitness benefits through Urban Sport Club membership
- Love breakfast. So do we. Join us at our monthly team breakfast
- Know someone who would be the perfect fit for Aiven? Benefit from our referral bonus programme as soon as you join.
Amazing, What’s next
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV, and we’ll get in touch!
How to Recognise and Avoid Employment Scams
There has been a rise in fake job postings used by scammers to get personal information. Please familiarise yourself with the red flags of a potential scam.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.