Senior Total Rewards Analyst
Aiven is a trusted open source data platform for everyone. We are a cast of over 400 ‘Crabs’ with a passion for open-source and a cutting edge tech stack. We take ownership of the problems we solve and act with courage. Openness is our beating heart.
It takes an uncommon person to contribute to the common good. Would you like to join our Cast where everyone at every level works side-by-side on making developers’ lives better, and letting them build what matters most?
Aiven in a crabshell:
- Our platform delivers reliable and secure data ops
- Global service footprint & support organization
- Security is central to us
- 500+ customers in 60+ countries
- $420M in VC funding
- Our Burrow in Helsinki and hubs in Berlin, Boston, Paris, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto and Tokyo, remote team members employees from all over the world.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We strive every day to build an inclusive work environment where all of us can thrive. We have a journey ahead of us, and are committed to taking that journey towards being a more diverse and inclusive company.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
The Total Rewards function is a newly formed team and is looking for a Total Reward Analyst to partner with our Total Rewards Director in building the functions capabilities through data driven insights and innovative solutions. This role is the first addition to the TR Team at Aiven, and we are looking for someone with a passion for building, scaling and driving our cultural values to support Aiven’s future success.
In this role you will have the opportunity to partner globally with key collaborators with ownership across a broad range of Total Reward related topics including compensation, benefits and global mobility. You will enable the effectiveness of our partners by building practical tools, processes and policies to support the establishment of a best-in-class Total Rewards foundation at Aiven. As a key member of the TR team you can expect to be involved in embedding our job architecture, refining our job evaluation approach, developing salary benchmarking and driving equitable pay practices through our pay-for-performance methodology.
You will be a critical partner to our growing distributed team on Total Rewards related topics having a real impact in shaping our journey. If you love the idea of applying your skills and craft to a fast-paced environment and have a genuine passion for Total Rewards, data and people – we would love to hear from you!
We have offices in Helsinki, Boston, Sydney and Berlin, however we are hiring for this position remotely in several countries all over EMEA.
What You'll Do:
- Strategy Implementation: Support the implementation of our global TR strategy ensuring alignment with Aiven’s strategic objectives and compensation philosophy.
- Program Management: Own the effective execution of Aiven’s compensation, benefits, and rewards programs, including base pay, incentive pay, and global benefit management.
- Benchmarking & Analysis: Conduct competitive benchmarking analyses providing data driven insights and recommendations
- Vendor Management: Manage relationships with vendors, consultants, and service providers for our TR programs
- Communication and Education: Drive effective communication in relation to the value of our TR strategy, practices and programs. Develop and create dynamic training materials to educate our colleagues about their compensation and benefits.
- Analytics and Reporting: Use data driven insights and analytics to report on TR program effectiveness, recommending adjustments and improvements as necessary.
- Labour Cost Planning: Support the effective ongoing planning & monitoring of our labor costs in partnership with key partners.
What We're Looking For:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Finance or similar related fields. Advanced degrees or certifications such as Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), Certified Benefits Professional (CBP), Global Remuneration Professional (GRP) or Charter Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) are highly desired
- Experience: Minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience in total rewards, compensation, and benefits in a global context
- Knowledge: Broad understanding of key principles and practices related to compensation design, benefits management, and global mobility compliance. Familiarity with benchmark data providers & methodologies such as Mercer /Comptryx, Willis Towers Watson, Aon Radford, Hay Korn Ferry or Culpepper
- Analytical Skills: Solid analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze data, understand trends, develop recommendations and drive action plans. Experience using data visualization tools such as Power BI, VBA or Tableau in addition to solid Excel skills
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly convey complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Interpersonal Skills: Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relations with partners at all levels of the organization.
- Project Management: Proven project management skills with the ability to lead and manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills. Other languages are a plus!
Nice to have:
- Experience launching, configuring and maintaining HRIS Compensation Modules and other Total Reward systems such as job architecture/ job evaluation
- Solid understanding of People processes and related data, previous experience working in a global environment is a plus
- Experience working within a high-growth start up or within the tech industry is preferred
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage you to apply! We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven aligns with applicable local laws governing inclusivity in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.