Accounts Receivable Specialist
Aiven provides an open source data platform as a service. We help organizations fuel the continuous innovation needed to create cutting edge, data-intensive applications by using the leading open source technologies.
We’ve got the will - our vision: Aiven is a trusted open source data platform for everyone.
We’ve got the way - our values: openness, ownership and courage. We’re proud of our positive and passionate working environment, and it makes us really excited about what we can achieve. With us, you’ll be free to contribute creatively and meaningfully.
We’ve got the funding - our trusted backers: with world-class investors like Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, in 2022 we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel global expansion, sustainability and diversity in tech. With a recent valuation of $3B, we’re one of the tech world’s most recent unicorns.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people and invest in building a diverse team. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. We have a journey ahead of us, and we are committed to taking that journey towards being a more diverse and inclusive company.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
A goal-oriented, AR Specialist is responsible for supporting and improving Aiven's billing operations with the aim to provide the best possible experience for our customers when receiving our invoices. Internally they will also look to partner with different departments (e.g. Product, Sales/Revenue Operations, Accounting, etc.) to see how to further support and safeguard the company assets as it relates to customer billing. Skills such as critical thinking, attention to detail, and strong communication combined with an awareness of the financial goals of the company will make a solid AR Specialist. This position is part of Aiven’s finance team and role is based in Helsinki.
- The role requires learning to use an in-house billing software which requires running basic commands.
- Ensure accurate and complete billing of customers. Report findings/ discrepancies as needed to relevant teams in order to support correct financial reporting for the company.
- Support customers and internal partners as needed on billing queries. Identify issues and risks based on inbound analysis to help create a seamless experience
- Identify process and operations improvement opportunities by documenting/analyzing business needs and existing processes and their performance. Make recommendations on how to continue to eliminate inefficiencies and manual work.
- Assist with/create reports and provide a high-level analysis of data for review to monitor and improve billing processes.
- Assist with month end closing activities and yearly statutory audit processes, as well as with creation/maintenance of billing processes and workflows documentation.
- Help the team manager to set team level objectives and participate in ad hoc projects as required.
- Collaborate cross-functionally while building relationships with internal/external partners. Assist in implementing new change initiatives. Independently reach out as needed for support and cooperation.
- Providing assistance related to collection process.
- Ad hoc projects as required.
What We're Looking For:
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and competency in MSOffice/GSuite/ERP System.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to support cross-functional collaboration and conflict resolution.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with a data-driven approach.
- Critical thinker, creative problem solver with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team in a fast paced environment.
- 2-5 years of experience in similar tasks and a degree in finance, economics, accounting or a related field.
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage everyone to apply. We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs , fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find meaningful outside of work - and get paid for it! Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
- Your wellbeing matters: we provide extensive Occupational Health Care, Dental Care, as well as sports, culture, massage, commute and lunch benefits
- We care about your learning! We provide Finnish Language lessons to help you settle in to your new environment
- Love breakfast? So do we! Join us at our monthly office breakfast
- We also have you covered by statutory accident insurance
Amazing! What’s next?
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV, and we’ll get in touch!
How to Recognise and Avoid Employment Scams
There has been a rise in fake job postings used by scammers to get personal information. Please familiarise yourself with the red flags of a potential scam.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.