Key Account Director, OEM
Aiven provides an open source data platform as a service. We help organizations fuel the continuous innovation needed to create cutting edge, data-intensive applications by using the leading open source technologies.
We’ve got the will - our vision: Aiven is a trusted open source data platform for everyone.
We’ve got the way - our values: openness, ownership and courage. We’re proud of our positive and passionate working environment, and it makes us really excited about what we can achieve. With us, you’ll be free to contribute creatively and meaningfully.
We’ve got the funding - our trusted backers: with world-class investors like Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, in 2022 we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel global expansion, sustainability and diversity in tech. With a recent valuation of $3B, we’re one of the tech world’s most recent unicorns.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people and invest in building a diverse team. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. We have a journey ahead of us, and we are committed to taking that journey towards being a more diverse and inclusive company.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
Our Key Account Directors for OEM are responsible for working with existing and new OEM partners to deliver DBaaS to their customers. This includes negotiating the contracts with the partners, growing the offering, contributing to partners’ GTM to better position DBaaS, thus enabling the partners to be successful in this offering.
This role will be responsible for challenging partners’/customers’ current way of working, demonstrating how Aiven’s open-source managed data services effectively and efficiently allow software development teams to drastically improve time to market, while keeping costs in line with budget expectations.
Successful candidates must develop a sound understanding of the Aiven solution, market and political landscape, as well as the partner ecosystem in their region.
What You'll Do:
- Ensure adoption and sales growth with existing OEM partners, including the expansion of their offerings with new Aiven services, and/or expanded marketing investments and routes to market.
- Identify and qualify prospective OEM partners that fit target profiles.
- Use outstanding presentation, proposal and negotiation skills to develop new OEM partner opportunities.
- Forecast new OEM partner business.
- Work with Solution Architects to align the roadmaps and expand partners’ offerings to their customers
- Review and renegotiate partnership commercial terms
- Commit negotiation and renewal
- GTM design, review, activities
- Portfolio alignment
- Support the set-up, alignment and implementation
- Work with relevant internal stakeholders to ensure OEMs are supported
What We're Looking For:
- 7+ years of enterprise-class software sales experience; selling complex solutions to the top 15% of revenue-contributing customers
- Previous management of large partners; managing OEMs is a plus!
- Consistent track record of overachievement against revenue targets
- Successful in a team setting
- Experience with Cloud, SaaS, data infrastructure, and/or DevOps
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage everyone to apply! We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs, fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find meaningful outside of work - and get paid for it. Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
As well as the above Global Benefits, we have regional benefits specific to your country of residence. We would be happy to discuss these further with you during the interview process
Amazing, What’s next
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV, and we’ll get in touch.
How to Recognise and Avoid Employment Scams
There has been a rise in fake job postings used by scammers to get personal information. Please familiarise yourself with the red flags of a potential scam.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing inclusivity in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.