Aiven provides an open source data platform as a service. We help organizations fuel the continuous innovation needed to create cutting edge, data-intensive applications by using the leading open source technologies.
We’ve got the will - our vision: Aiven is a trusted open source data platform for everyone.
We’ve got the way - our values: openness, ownership and courage. We’re proud of our positive and passionate working environment, and it makes us really excited about what we can achieve. With us, you’ll be free to contribute creatively and meaningfully.
We’ve got the funding - our trusted backers: with world-class investors like Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, in 2022 we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel global expansion, sustainability and diversity in tech. With a recent valuation of $3B, we’re one of the tech world’s most recent unicorns.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people and invest in building a diverse team. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. We have a journey ahead of us, and we are committed to taking that journey towards being a more diverse and inclusive company.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
We are looking for a customer-centric Solutions Architect to promote the use of Aiven's managed open source services. An ideal candidate will be passionate about open-source technology and genuinely want to help customers in a pre-sales and post-sales capacity.
Suitable candidates must have proven experience in the following areas that will be required in their day-to-day job: Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, InfluxDB and Grafana.
What You'll Do:
- Help customers succeed, building successful relationships from pre-sales stage to roll out and beyond
- Conduct successful proof of concepts and solve the customers' problems in getting up and running
- Actively contribute to customer stability, enablement, and growth
- Be an active contributor during the sales process as well as to our existing customers
- Be an ambassador for Aiven by various means such as writing technical blogs, conducting webinars, sponsor meetups, or technical talks at conferences
- Travel up to 10% of the time
What We're Looking For:
- Experience working in technology/software sales, pre-sales or consulting
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Java, Python, Go or Ruby
- Ability to understand customers’ technical requirements on an architectural level and propose solutions using Aiven’s services
- Experience implementing proof of concepts as needed, to work with Aiven services in order to address business requirements
- Knowledgeable of public clouds (AWS, Google or Azure) and in the areas of compute, storage - block and object, networking, and security groups
- Linux operating system; demonstrable experience using various Linux utilities and tools (installation, securing system, storage, etc.) and a good grasp of networking basics like DNS
- A fairly deep conceptual and hands-on understanding of Kafka and at least one of Cassandra or Opensearch (Elasticsearch)
- Demonstrable use of a relational databases preferably PostgreSQL and/or MySQL
- Act as a subject matter expert on Aiven service offerings
- Attention to detail and good problem solving and project management skills
- Sound verbal and written communication skills, ability to work well with cross-functional teams
The following are nice to have:
- Customer relationship management
- Any migration experience from Oracle to PostgreSQL will be considered an asset!
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage everyone to apply. We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs, fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find meaningful outside of work - and get paid for it! Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
- Your wellbeing matters: we’ve got your wellbeing covered with private medical & dental health insurance, as well as a childbirth cash benefit.
- Need insurance? We’ve got you covered - benefit from our: Employer's liability insurance, Personal Accident, Illness & Travel Insurance, Group Life Assurance, Office Insurance, Group Income Protection and Business & Leisure Travel Accident Insurance.
- Looking after your future: benefit from our provided Pension Plan.
Amazing! What’s next?
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV and we’ll get in touch.
How to Recognise and Avoid Employment Scams
There has been a rise in fake job postings used by scammers to get personal information. Please familiarise yourself with the red flags of a potential scam.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.
At Aiven we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our working environment and job application procedures. We make all reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or who otherwise need support to thrive in the workplace. We are committed to continuously improving workplace accessibility. There is an option to request a discussion in the application process but if you have any questions before applying please write to us at email@example.com.