Sales Development Representative
Aiven provides an open source data platform as a service. We help organizations fuel the continuous innovation needed to create cutting edge, data-intensive applications by using the leading open source technologies.
We’ve got the will - our vision: Aiven is a trusted open source data platform for everyone.
We’ve got the way - our values: openness, ownership and courage. We’re proud of our positive and passionate working environment, and it makes us really excited about what we can achieve. With us, you’ll be free to contribute creatively and meaningfully.
We’ve got the funding - our trusted backers: with world-class investors like Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, in 2022 we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel global expansion, sustainability and diversity in tech. With a recent valuation of $3B, we’re one of the tech world’s most recent unicorns.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people and invest in building a diverse team. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. We have a journey ahead of us, and we are committed to taking that journey towards being a more diverse and inclusive company.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join the Aiven Sales team to help develop and qualify out- and inbound opportunities. This role will be instrumental in directing leads into the appropriate conversion path while growing pipeline velocity.
The successful candidate will use creativity and persistence to continuously improve performance. They will be familiar with working cross-functionally to promote and sell technical products to sophisticated prospects.
- Research, contact, and qualify prospects and MQL
- Develop and implement outreach strategy to build SQL pipeline, as well as experiment with various outreach methods and sequences
- Participate in outbound activities including cold calling
- Document lead interactions and build handoff process, and document SDR standard processes.
- Maintain contact with marketing
What We're Looking For:
- 1+ years experience building, developing, and qualifying sales pipelines
- CRM and marketing automation experience, Salesforce / Pardot is a plus
- Experience using various methods to establish contact with prospects and developing outreach strategies
- Fluent in English language, both written and spoken
- Experience working within cross-functional teams within the tech industry
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage everyone to apply. We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs, fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find meaningful outside of work - and get paid for it! Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
- Looking after your future: we adhere to the Central Provident Fund.
- Don’t lose out on time off - any public holiday that falls on a Saturday is are granted back to you in lieu.
- Need insurance? We’ve got you covered - benefit from our: Private Health Insurance and Life Insurance.
Amazing! What’s next?
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV and we’ll get in touch.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.
At Aiven we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our working environment and job application procedures. We make all reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or who otherwise need support to thrive in the workplace. We are committed to continuously improving workplace accessibility. There is an option to request a discussion in the application process but if you have any questions before applying please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.