Sales Development Representative
Aiven strives to be the world’s leading cloud data platform - simply by making developer’s lives better. We are a cast of over 500 ‘Crabs’ with a passion for open-source and a cutting edge tech stack. We take ownership of the problems we solve and act with courage. Openness is our beating heart.
It takes an uncommon person to contribute to the common good. Would you like to join our Cast where everyone at every level works side-by-side on making developers’ lives better, and letting them build what matters most?
Aiven in a crabshell:
- Our platform delivers reliable and secure data ops
- Global service footprint & support organization
- Security is central to us
- 500+ customers in 60+ countries
- $210M in VC funding
- Our Burrow in Helsinki and hubs in Berlin, Boston, Paris, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto and Tokyo, remote team members employees from all over the world.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We strive every day to build an inclusive work environment where all of us can thrive. We have a journey ahead of us, and are committed to taking that journey towards being a more diverse and inclusive company.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join the Aiven Sales team to help develop and qualify out- and inbound opportunities. You will be instrumental in directing leads into the appropriate conversion path while increasing pipeline velocity.
The successful candidate will use creativity and persistence to continuously improve performance as measured by key metrics. They will be familiar with working cross-functionally to promote and sell technical products to sophisticated prospects.
What You'll Do:
- Research, contact, and qualify prospects and MQL
- Develop and execute messaging strategy to build SQL pipeline
- Experiment with various outreach methods and sequences
- Participate in outbound activities including cold calling
- Document lead interactions and create handoff process
- Maintain contact with marketing
- Use results to document SDR best practices
What We're Looking For:
- 1+ years of experience building, developing, and qualifying sales pipelines
- CRM and marketing automation experience, Salesforce / Pardot a plus
- Experience using various methods to establish contact with prospects
- Demonstrated experience developing effective messaging strategies
- Fluent in English language, both written and spoken
- Experience working within cross-functional teams
- Background in working within tech industry
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage everyone to apply. We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs, fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get comprehensive wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find relevant outside of work - and get paid for it. Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Support or mentor earlier stage startups through our Cluster Startup program.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
As well as the above Global Benefits, we have regional benefits specific to your country of residence. We would be happy to discuss these further with you during the interview process
Amazing, What’s next
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV, and we’ll get in touch!
How to Recognise and Avoid Employment Scams
There has been a rise in fake job postings used by scammers to get personal information. Please familiarise yourself with the red flags of a potential scam.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven aligns with applicable local laws governing inclusivity in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.