Solution Architect, France
Aiven aims to be the world’s leading cloud data platform - simply by making developer’s lives better. We are a cast of over 500 ‘Crabs’ with a passion for open-source and a cutting edge tech stack. We take ownership of the problems we solve and act with courage. Openness is our beating heart.
It takes an uncommon person to contribute to the common good. Would you like to join our Cast where everyone at every level works side-by-side on making developers’ lives better, and letting them build what matters most?
Aiven in a crabshell:
- Our platform delivers reliable and secure data ops
- Global service footprint & support organization
- Security is central to us
- 500+ customers in 60+ countries
- $420M in VC funding
- Our Burrow in Helsinki and hubs in Berlin, Boston, Paris, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto and Tokyo, remote team members employees from all over the world.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We strive every day to build an inclusive workplace where all of us can thrive. We have a journey ahead of us, and we are committed to taking that journey towards being a more diverse and inclusive company.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
We are looking for a customer-centric Solutions Architect to promote the use Aiven's managed open source services. An ideal candidate will be passionate about open-source technology and genuinely want to help customers in a pre-sales and post-sales capacity.
Suitable candidates must have proven experience in the following areas that will be required in their day-to-day job: Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, InfluxDB and Grafana.
Any migration experience from Oracle to PostgreSQL will be considered an asset!
What You'll Do:
- Helping customers succeed, building successful relationships from the pre-sales stage to roll out and beyond
- Conduct successful proof of concepts and solve the customers' problems in getting up and running
- Actively contribute to customer stability, enablement, and growth
- Be an ambassador for Aiven
- Travel up to 10% of the time
What We're Looking For:
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage you to apply! We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
- Ability to understand customers’ technical requirements on an architectural level and propose solutions using Aiven’s services
- Experience implementing proof of concepts as needed, to work with Aiven services in order to address business requirements
- Knowledgeable of public clouds (AWS, Google or Azure) and in the areas of compute, storage - block and object, networking, and security groups
- Linux operating system, demonstrable experience using various Linux utilities and tools (installation, securing system, storage, etc.) and a good grasp of networking basics like DNS
- A fairly deep conceptual understanding of Kafka and at least one of Cassandra or Elasticsearch.
- Demonstrable use of relational databases preferably PostgreSQL and/or MySQL
The following are nice to have:
- Writing technical blogs and conducting webinars
- Giving talks at conferences and meetups
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs, fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find meaningful outside of work - and get paid for it! Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
- Need insurance? We’ve got you covered - benefit from our: Medical Insurance and Travel insurance
Amazing! What’s next?
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV and we’ll get in touch.
How to Recognise and Avoid Employment Scams
There has been a rise in fake job postings used by scammers to get personal information. Please familiarise yourself with the red flags of a potential scam.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.