Technical Account Manager
Aiven is a trusted open source data platform for everyone. We are a cast of over 400 ‘Crabs’ with a passion for open-source and a cutting edge tech stack. We take ownership of the problems we solve and act with courage. Openness is our beating heart.
It takes an uncommon person to contribute to the common good. Would you like to join our Cast where everyone at every level works side-by-side on making developers’ lives better, and letting them build what matters most?
Aiven in a crabshell:
- Our platform delivers reliable and secure data ops
- Global service footprint & support organization
- Security is central to us
- 500+ customers in 60+ countries
- $420M in VC funding
- Our Burrow in Helsinki and hubs in Berlin, Boston, Paris, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto and Tokyo, remote team members employees from all over the world.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We strive every day to build an inclusive work environment where all of us can thrive. We have a journey ahead of us, and are committed to taking that journey towards being a more diverse and inclusive company.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
We are looking for a customer-centric Technical Account Manager (TAM) with direct focus on our largest enterprise customers and partners. The TAM is a technical professional who helps optimize Aiven’s customer experience and accelerate time-to-value when using Aiven’s Open Source services. The Aiven TAM acts as a single point of contact, customer advocate and provides direct access into Aiven business functions such as Support, Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, and Executive Staff.
Suitable candidates must have proven experience in the following areas that will be required in their day-to-day job: Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, InfluxDB and Grafana. TAMs will also be involved in every stage of enterprise customer/partner development on Aiven. Thus, this will involve meeting with customers/partners on a consistent basis allowing for positive and meaningful customer interaction.
The position is full-time and permanent and can be located in one of our office locations or remotely in Europe.
What You'll Do:
- Help customers/partners succeed, building successful relationships during the entire customer journey.
- Develop a deep (and technical) understanding of the customer’s/partner’s business priorities, operational model/objectives, cloud environment, cloud architecture/roadmap, and their technical initiatives.
- Proactively identify new growth opportunities within the accounts by uncovering customers' new strategic objectives and help architect these solutions for them.
- Maintain awareness of customer/partner operations as the Aiven advisor to assist with operational planning, risk management and act as an advisor for deployments.
- Be an advocate of the customer/partner and conduit into various Aiven cross-functional teams & leadership.
- Conduct regular operational reviews with customer/partner on weekly incidents, field advisories, security vulnerabilities, and related root-cause analysis.
- Extract and maintain account insights and capture in systems of record.
- Participate in sales account planning and support account penetration/pipeline growth strategies.
- Actively contribute to customer/partner stability, enablement, and growth.
- Travel up to 20% of the time.
What We're Looking For:
- Experience working in technology/software sales, pre-sales or consulting.
- Fluency in one or more programming languages such as Java, Python, Go or Ruby.
- Ability to understand customers’ technical requirements on an architectural level and articulate to the Product team or supporting Solution Architecture team.
- Experience implementing proof of concepts as needed, to work with Aiven services in order to address business requirements.
- Knowledgeable of public clouds (AWS, Google or Azure) and in the areas of compute, storage - block and object, networking, and security groups.
- Linux operating system; demonstrable experience using various Linux utilities and tools (installation, securing system, storage, etc.) and a good grasp of networking basics like DNS and VPC.
- A fairly deep conceptual and hands-on understanding of Kafka and at least one of Cassandra or Opensearch (Elasticsearch).
- Demonstrable use of a relational databases preferably PostgreSQL and/or MySQL
- (migration experience from Oracle to PostgreSQL is an asset).
- Excellent communication, project management, presentation, and problem-solving skills required with ability to build trusted relationships with premier enterprise customers and partners.
- Attention to detail, good problem solving and project management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work well with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans in collaboration with customers.
The following are nice to have:
- Customer relationship management is highly desired.
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage everyone to apply! We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs, fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get comprehensive wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find relevant outside of work - and get paid for it. Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
As well as the above Global Benefits, we have regional benefits specific to your country of residence. We would be happy to discuss these further with you during the interview process
Amazing, What’s next
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV, and we’ll get in touch!
How to Recognise and Avoid Employment Scams
There has been a rise in fake job postings used by scammers to get personal information. Please familiarise yourself with the red flags of a potential scam.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven aligns with applicable local laws governing inclusivity in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.