Senior Director, Financial Engineering (EMEA)
Aiven provides an open source data platform as a service. We help organizations fuel the continuous innovation needed to create cutting edge, data-intensive applications by using the leading open source technologies.
We’ve got the will - our vision: Aiven is a trusted open source data platform for everyone.
We’ve got the way - our values: openness, ownership and courage. We’re proud of our positive and passionate working environment, and it makes us really excited about what we can achieve. With us, you’ll be free to contribute creatively and meaningfully.
We’ve got the funding - our trusted backers: with world-class investors like Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, in 2022 we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel global expansion, sustainability and diversity in tech. With a recent valuation of $3B, we’re one of the tech world’s most recent unicorns.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people and invest in building a diverse team. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. We have a journey ahead of us, and we are committed to taking that journey towards being a more diverse and inclusive company.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
The Senior Director, Financial Engineering is a new role that will have the ability to make a significant impact on company performance by ensuring our financial systems operate effectively and scale with the company’s growth. The Senior Director, Financial Engineering is responsible for defining and implementing the financial systems product roadmap (e.g. ERP, revenue and billing systems, etc). They must possess a firm understanding of how the various financial systems support core business processes and how to best build and develop these systems to perform at scale. In addition, you will hire and lead a team of dedicated product managers and developers. This role is a part of the Aiven Finance leadership team and will report directly to the CFO.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for all aspects of our financial systems environment with both in-house and SaaS systems, including budget responsibility.
- Develop and execute on a strategy for what financial engineering at Aiven should be.
- Build and mentor a team of product managers and engineers who can help you realize your strategy.
- Ensure organization’s systems are scalable, reliable, predictable, and automated.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across Finance, Engineering, Product Management, Security and IT, and Go to Market (GTM) to form strategies and operationalize our financial system needs at scale.
- Influence, champion and drive process, tools and technology improvements to support a global, large scale, cloud-based platform with global customers.
- Ensure the right economy of scale for ongoing infrastructure investment.
- Drive continuous improvement through a combination of development and operations initiatives as well as through process excellence.
What We're Looking For:
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage you to apply! We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
- 10+ years’ of demonstrated experience in financial engineering, corporate IT, business IT, general engineering, or related fields.
- Experience managing SaaS systems like Netsuite and in-house order to cash / revenue / invoicing systems at a public company.
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain a reasonable level of knowledge of company solutions and remain an expert on current product knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership in delivering results with large-scale, cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional leader of high integrity who can articulate a clear vision for the team.
- Proven track record of leading and developing high-performance teams
- Ability to conduct analyses, interpret results, and effectively communicate insights.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs , fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.