Staff Developer Advocate | AMER, East Coast
Aiven provides an open-source data platform as a service. We help organizations fuel the continuous innovation needed to create cutting edge, data-intensive applications by using leading open-source technologies.
We’ve got the will - our vision: Aiven is a trusted open-source data platform for everyone.
We’ve got the way - our values: openness, ownership, and courage. We’re proud of our positive and passionate working environment, and it makes us really excited about what we can achieve. With us, you’ll be free to contribute creatively and meaningfully.
We’ve got the funding - our trusted backers: with world-class investors like Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, in 2022 we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel global expansion, sustainability and diversity in tech. With a recent valuation of $3B, we’re one of the tech world’s most recent unicorns.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people and invest in building a diverse team. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. We have a journey ahead of us, and we are committed to taking that journey towards being a more diverse and inclusive company.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
As Aiven’s Staff Developer Advocate, you will empower data and software practitioners to unleash the full power of the trusted open-source data platform for everyone! Your role involves fostering an active and vibrant community through support and outreach efforts. Furthermore, you will leverage the knowledge acquired to reinforce Aiven as a leading authority in the field, sharing insights through content creation, meetups, and conferences.
Your contributions will play a pivotal role in guiding Aiven's development, sales, and marketing strategies. Thus, we require an individual who can swiftly grasp technical concepts, comprehend their significance, and adeptly convey their value to both our customers and the community.
What You'll Do:
- Produce comprehensive technical content in the format of extensive tutorials, step-by-step guides, and insightful technical editorials.
- Produce educational videos and live streams tailored for developers.
- Engage with Aiven customers and prospects to help accelerate their success with the Aiven platform.
- Create and deliver presentations at meetups and conferences.
- Drive adoption of the Aiven platform across practitioner audiences through engaging interactions.
- Develop and deliver public workshops on open-source data platform technologies.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including product, sales, and marketing.
What We're Looking For:
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage you to apply! We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
- Technical background in databases, data streaming platforms, and cloud computing
- Demonstrated background in creating content for a technical audience
- Proven experience in a developer advocate or related role, with a strong focus on data technologies.
- Experience in public speaking and presenting technical concepts.
- Experience in participating in online communities
- Experience working across various teams
- Awareness of trends in cloud computing and data systems
- Interest in technology, software engineering, and data systems
- Exceptional ability to generate original content and ideas in the data domain.
- Familiarity with forums, social media platforms, and content management systems
- Ability and willingness to work under own initiative
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs, fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find meaningful outside of work - and get paid for it! Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
- Need insurance? We’ve got you covered - benefit from our: Comprehensive health insurance options including dental and vision benefits and Life and AD&D insurance
- Your wellbeing matters: we provide you with a health savings account with Aiven contributions, as well as short and long term disability plans that protect you if you’re unable to work
- Looking after your future: you’re covered by 401(k) and roth 401(k) retirement plans
Amazing, What’s next
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV and we’ll get in touch.
Aiven participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. More information about our participation in e-verify can be found here.
How to Recognise and Avoid Employment Scams
There has been a rise in fake job postings used by scammers to get personal information. Please familiarise yourself with the red flags of a potential scam.
Here at Aiven, all of our emails relating to recruitment come from an @aiven.io, @greenhouse.io or @eu.greenhouse.io domain and all of our interviews are conducted over video call or in person, our interviews will never occur over text or chat. If you’re unsure of the legitimacy of a job opportunity/offer pertaining to Aiven, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing inclusivity in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.
At Aiven, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our working environment and job application procedures. We make all reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or who otherwise need support to thrive in the workplace. We are committed to continuously improving workplace accessibility. There is an option to request a discussion in the application process but if you have any questions before applying please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.