Senior Full-Stack Engineer (Internal tools for Aiven)
Aiven provides an open source data platform as a service. We help organizations fuel the continuous innovation needed to create cutting edge, data-intensive applications by using the leading open source technologies.
We’ve got the will - our vision: Aiven is a trusted open source data platform for everyone.
We’ve got the way - our values: openness, ownership and courage. We’re proud of our positive and passionate working environment, and it makes us really excited about what we can achieve. With us, you’ll be free to contribute creatively and meaningfully.
We’ve got the funding - our trusted backers: with world-class investors like Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, in 2022 we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel global expansion, sustainability and diversity in tech. With a recent valuation of $3B, we’re one of the tech world’s most recent unicorns.
We value and celebrate the diversity of our people and invest in building a diverse team. We recognize the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. We have a journey ahead of us, and we are committed to taking that journey towards being a more diverse and inclusive company.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
We’re hiring a senior full-stack engineer to work on our internal tool set used by various stakeholders to configure and maintain our platform. As part of our product-led growth strategy, we need advanced tools, which we want to be an intuitive and beautiful experience, while not forgetting the needs of the different functions within Aiven. One example will be pricing related tooling to enable stakeholders to administer our products’ and services’ pricing in a smooth and consistent way. The goal is to replace previously manual processes and enable decision making by putting data and tools directly into the hands of the responsible person
We are looking for product-minded engineers who have a keen interest in the business and user behavior, are proactive with product development ideas and tradeoffs, and want to understand the “Why?” behind all things. As a product-minded engineer you communicate well with engineers and non-engineers alike and are interested in how other functions work.
As we are looking for a senior engineer, we expect you to raise the bar for the team through technical mentorship. We’d love you to show us how we can improve what we do. Our teams are proud of what we build and value curiosity, healthy debate, and exchange of ideas.
What You'll Do:
Here are some example areas you may work on:
- Building the user experience for existing and up to come internal tools. (e.g. pricing tools.)
- Designing and implementing new APIs or improving the performance and capabilities of existing ones.
- Contributing to the team’s backlog by owning the technical planning of a feature delivery.
What We're Looking For:
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage you to apply! We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
You’ll probably have at least five years experience building full-stack web applications, but more than the years we care about what you have been doing. We want to hear what you’ve worked on, how it was built, and what you learned while doing that.
Our frontend is built with TypeScript, React and Redux, and our backend centers on Python and PostgreSQL. As such, to succeed as a senior full-stack engineer at Aiven you have:
- Strong programming skills, including testing
- Experience building web-facing applications end-to-end, including everything between the browser and the database
- API design and development experience
- Proficiency in TypeScript
- Experience in Python, or proven ability to learn new programming languages
- Strong knowledge of working with relational databases
- Fluent communication skills in English, written and verbal
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs, fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find meaningful outside of work - and get paid for it. Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
- Your wellbeing matters: we provide professional massage at the office as well as health and fitness benefits through Urban Sport Club membership
- Love breakfast. So do we. Join us at our monthly team breakfast
- Know someone who would be the perfect fit for Aiven? Benefit from our referral bonus programme as soon as you join.
Amazing, What’s next
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV, and we’ll get in touch!
How to Recognise and Avoid Employment Scams
There has been a rise in fake job postings used by scammers to get personal information. Please familiarise yourself with the red flags of a potential scam.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.