Purchase to Pay Process Owner
Open source is our beating heart and it’s something that fuels our work and our culture. It’s where we began. It’s where we’ll always be. Our vision is to become the trusted open source data platform for everyone. We are a Cast of over 400 individuals (‘Crabs’) located across the world. Why Crabs? Because we believe in thinking sideways.
For a fast-growing, ambitious business like Aiven, having the right Finance team is essential. That includes treasury and tax specialists through to financial planning and analysis (FP&A) professionals, plus finance managers and accountants.
Some are involved in day-to-day activities, or take care of complete project life cycles. Others specialize in forward planning and critical thinking to support our decision-making and overall direction.
Whatever their particular role, each team member embodies our values of ownership, courage, and openness, ensuring we meet our fiscal and compliance obligations and continuing overall financial health.
Right now, we are looking for a Senior AP Specialist with the necessary critical (and sideways) thinking, attention to detail, and communication skills to ensure our continued prosperity.
Who we are
So, how do we become the trusted open source data platform for everyone? By listening closely to our customers and taking action to ensure they achieve their business goals. You see, the software we create is merely a means of delivering value. Our thinking is customer-first. That’s why our customers are at the front and center of all we do. And in the spirit of sideways thinking, we’re by their side as well. Actively helping them solve their challenges. Collaborating. Sharing. And innovating. In other words, it really isn’t just about who we are. It’s about who our customers are – and where they want to be.
We want individuals who can embody our values of ownership, courage, and openness.
We take ownership of the problems we solve. What we do is about improving life for our customers, enabling them to meet their goals. So we own our decisions and mistakes. Sometimes that takes courage. But we don’t falter – we take on challenges with confidence. And right at our heart is openness. We’re always open to new ideas – from wherever and whoever they come.
In this role you will manage our AP process from purchase order to payment. You will support our two AP specialists in making our processes as efficient as possible. Making our payments in a timely manner will be one of your key priorities.
You will have a key role in the implementation of our new PO System as well as the new Treasury Management System.
After the implementation, the day to day activities of the PO system will be your responsibility. To succeed, you will get the support from the whole Finance team.
The role is based preferably in Helsinki, Finland.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for our P2P process
- Support the AP team in their daily tasks
- Ensure our PO system is used to its best capabilities
- Ensure our payments are done with accuracy and in timely manner
- Drive continuous improvement through the P2P Process
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years’ of demonstrated experience in Accounts payable related tasks, including AP accruals and payment processing
- Experience in managing a Purchase Order system and its day-to-day process
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Experience in TMS system
- Problem-solving attitude and ability to work in fast developing environment
- Knowledge of NetSuite is an advantage
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage you to apply. We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs , fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find meaningful outside of work - and get paid for it! Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
- Your wellbeing matters: we provide extensive Occupational Health Care, Dental Care, as well as sports, culture, massage, commute and lunch benefits
- We care about your learning! We provide Finnish Language lessons to help you settle in to your new environment
- Love breakfast? So do we! Join us at our monthly office breakfast
- We also have you covered by statutory accident insurance
Amazing! What’s next?
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV, and we’ll get in touch!
How to Recognise and Avoid Employment Scams
There has been a rise in fake job postings used by scammers to get personal information. Please familiarise yourself with the red flags of a potential scam.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.