Senior Sales Operations Analyst
Open source is our beating heart and it’s something that fuels our work and our culture. It’s where we began. It’s where we’ll always be. Our vision is to become the trusted open source data platform for everyone. We are a Cast of over 400 individuals (‘Crabs’) located across the globe. Why Crabs? Because we believe in thinking sideways. And right now, we’re looking for a sideways-thinking Senior Sales Operations Analyst.
Our Sales team plays a crucial role in our growth and profitability. We want to be the trusted data source data platform for everyone – which, let’s face it, is an ambitious target. But thanks to our dedicated commercial team we are growing fast.
Our sales team works directly with customers as well as with channel partners. We look for courageous people ready to revolutionize the way businesses operate and are not afraid to challenge our customers' current ways of working. Showcasing the transformative power of Aiven's open-source managed data services is essential.
To join our Cast, you will need to be goal-oriented, with excellent negotiation skills and broader communication abilities. Plus you will need to be adept (like a true Crab) at venturing into all the hidden crevices and corners that could lead to more sales.
About the team
Our Sales Operations and Strategy team are a cross-functional group whose mission is to drive operational excellence through cross-functional collaboration and business partnership. To improve the scalability, efficiency and effectiveness of our operations and to Leverage Data and Analytics to provide business insights to grow and scale the company.
About the role
The role is a mixture of sales forecasting, territory and quota planning, coverage optimisation, internal sales support, data standardization and automation and business process improvement. We would ideally like a MIS/BIS/Business graduate with 5 years+ experience in an analytical role – e.g. business analysis, financial planning, compensation or financial analysis experience with a mix of data analysis, systems analysis, process improvement and sales support.
What you’ll do
- Support and drive our Sales Ops priorities including but not limited to, sales forecasting, direct sales support, territory design and management, quota setting & tracking, enablement of key policy and process and business reporting and analytics
- Partner with the Sales Leadership team using an eye for business to identify and highlight opportunities to optimize coverage and performance
- Identify, analyze and develop Key Performance Indicators and key business reporting to support the growing Aiven Business
- Pro-actively engage with the broader Sales Ops and internal Data Science function to find opportunities to streamline and improve data analytics capabilities for the company.
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling and analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Manage projects through completion including project tracking, monitoring, reporting, and administration
- Evaluate business process implications of system requirements and make appropriate redesign recommendations
What you’ll need
- Are a self-starter who can work in a close-knit team within an extremely fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Have great interpersonal skills as this is an internal customer-facing role interacting with collaborators
- Have broad experience and understanding of business operations/sales ops and a have business insight
- Have a sound working knowledge of business planning, quota modeling and territory planning
- Bring previous experience using CRM tools such as Salesforce.com & writing business critical requirements for data analytics tools such as Tableau
- Have demonstrated an ability to organize and prioritize, maintain attention to detail, and work to critical timeframes.
- Have proven that you can elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including sales management, external organizations, internal business units and customers.
- Have the ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Can interface effectively and establish quick credibility and confidence with cross-functional groups, field sales and senior leadership
- Are proficient in Google Workspace (or MS Office), in particular Google Sheet (or MS Excel)
- Are flexible in terms of availability to work at End of Quarter
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage you to apply! We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs, fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find meaningful outside of work - and get paid for it. Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
As well as the above Global Benefits, we have regional benefits specific to your country of residence. We would be happy to discuss these further with you during the interview process.
Amazing, What’s next
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV, and we’ll get in touch.
How to Recognise and Avoid Employment Scams
There has been a rise in fake job postings used by scammers to get personal information. Please familiarise yourself with the red flags of a potential scam.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing inclusivity in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.