Commission Senior GTM Specialist
Open source is our beating heart and it’s something that fuels our work and our culture. It’s where we began. It’s where we’ll always be. Our vision is to become the trusted open source data platform for everyone. We are a Cast of over 400 individuals (‘Crabs’) located across the world. Why Crabs? Because we believe in thinking sideways. And right now, we’re looking for sideways-thinking Commission Senior GTM Specialist.
For a fast-growing, ambitious business like Aiven, having the right Finance team is essential. That includes treasury and tax specialists through to financial planning and analysis (FP&A) professionals, plus finance managers and accountants.
Some are involved in day-to-day activities, or take care of complete project life cycles. Others specialize in forward planning and critical thinking to support our decision-making and overall direction.
Whatever their particular role, each team member embodies our values of ownership, courage, and openness, ensuring we meet our fiscal and compliance obligations and continuing overall financial health.
Right now, we are looking for a Commission Senior GTM Specialist with the necessary critical (and sideways) thinking, attention to detail, and communication skills to ensure our continued prosperity.
Who we are
So, how do we become the trusted open source data platform for everyone? By listening closely to our customers and taking action to ensure they achieve their business goals. You see, the software we create is merely a means of delivering value. Our thinking is customer-first. That’s why our customers are at the front and center of all we do. And in the spirit of sideways thinking, we’re by their side as well. Actively helping them solve their challenges. Collaborating. Sharing. And innovating. In other words, it really isn’t just about who we are. It’s about who our customers are – and where they want to be.
We want individuals who can embody our values of ownership, courage, and openness.
What does that mean in practice?
We take ownership of the problems we solve. What we do is about improving life for our customers, enabling them to meet their goals. So we own our decisions and mistakes. Sometimes that takes courage. But we don’t falter – we take on challenges with confidence. And right at our heart is openness. We’re always open to new ideas – from wherever and whoever they come.
We are seeking a highly motivated Commission Senior GTM Specialist to join our Sales Operations and Strategy department. This person will be responsible for managing the processing of the quarterly commission process and ensuring that all commissioned employees are paid accurately. In this role you will work closely with Aiven’s go-to-market teams and People Operations to maintain and develop commission models. You will also be responsible for configuring the commission plan to Xactly, our commission tool, working on the new fiscal commission plan and roll-out, and overseeing all analytical work around it. This role includes C-level exposure.
The position is full-time and permanent and can be located either in Berlin, Helsinki or London.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and oversee Aiven’s commissioned employees' commission plans
- Complete calculation, distribution and processing of quarterly commissions
- Collaborate with Finance, Data Analysis, Legal, People Ops on commission design and letters
- Identify and implement operational improvements for efficiency and accuracy
- Managing the administration, compensation plan design and implementation in our commissions tool Xactly
- Responsible for monthly accrual process with Finance team
- Key team member in annual compensation plan design process with responsibilities for both comp plan and incentive design wist keeping within the company budgeting framework.
- Provision of SPIFF and comp design analysis to highlight performance measures of our compensation plan and incentives.
What We're Looking For:
- A degree in finance, accounting, or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a commission analyst role is required. Experience in sales ops, finance, or accounting is an advantage
- Solid analytical skills and analytical presentations
- Experience with SQL queries, connected sheets to Salesforce and to data warehouse, Python
- Experience with commission calculation tools and systems, like Xactly.
- Solid understanding of commission processes in SaaS/ usage-based companies
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to work independently as well as collaborate with other teams
- relevant certifications such as Certified Sales Compensation Professional (CSCP) or Certified Sales Compensation Strategist (CSCS) are a plus
- Xactly admin is and advantage, as well as other analytical courses on Xactly platform
- Software proficiency: very good with Google suite, Microsoft Excel, Salesforce, and other relevant tools.
- Start-up experience is a plus
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage you to apply! We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs, fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find meaningful outside of work - and get paid for it. Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
As well as the above Global Benefits, we have regional benefits specific to your country of residence. We would be happy to discuss these further with you during the interview process.
Amazing, What’s next
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV, and we’ll get in touch.
How to Recognise and Avoid Employment Scams
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven aligns with applicable local laws governing inclusivity in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.