Senior Director, Employee Experience
At Aiven, we embrace our core company values: ownership, openness and courage. We take ownership of the problems we solve and act with courage - we think sideways. Openness is our beating heart. Our vision is to become the trusted open source data platform for everyone.
We are a Cast of over 400 individuals (‘Crabs’) that believe in open minds, open discussions, and open source. We value and celebrate diversity - the many backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our distributed team which further serves to support the product we offer to our customers. So regardless of who you are, or where you come from, or what you believe in, Aiven is a place where you can come out of your shell and be your true self.
Aiven provides an open source data platform as a service. We help organizations fuel the continuous innovation needed to build groundbreaking, data-intensive applications by using the leading open source technologies.
We’ve got the will - our mission: make developers’ lives better, and help companies grow their business sustainably and securely.
We’ve got the way - our values: openness, ownership and courage. We’re proud of our positive and passionate working environment, and it makes us really excited about what we can achieve. With us, you’ll be free to contribute creatively and meaningfully.
We’ve got the funding - our trusted backers: with world-class investors like Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, in 2022 we raised Series D funding of $210M to fuel global expansion, sustainability and diversity in tech.
Come and read more about us at https://aiven.io/blog/what-is-aiven.
Right now, we are looking for a VP, Employee Experience & Business Partnering to be a strategic partner to our VP People and Senior leadership team across all departments on People related topics. Your mission will be to strengthen our existing performance, people development and talent management framework and rhythms. Partnering with executives and leaders across Aiven, you’ll introduce new ways to elevate employee engagement, performance, career growth and development, and recognition to help us to develop and retain top talent.
With deep organizational understanding, a strong bias for action and strategic insight into the business goals and objectives, you will lead, grow and develop a world-class team. You are an expert in designing, building and delivering people strategies that
drive business performance that have real impact. You will enable Aiven’s Employee Experience team to support functional leaders to design and deliver relevant people strategies that align and support both the company and business-unit specific
strategy. Reporting into the VP of People and part of the People Leadership team, you’ll be part of the passionate, driven and diverse People Team. While Aiven offers a lot of flexibility, this role must be based in Berlin, Germany.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage the People Partnering & People Development teams.
- Set priorities and evolve the Employee Experience roadmap. Execute on the People Strategy in close conjunction with our VP People with the support of the wider Employee Experience team.
- Partner with People Ops, Total Rewards and Talent Acquisition to provide our Exec team with data and metrics on people topics that help to make informed decisions that drive business performance.
- Be a strategic advisor and consultant for our business leaders, including C-suite.
- Empower and develop a high performing team.
- Drive key people projects around workforce planning, talent development and succession planning.
- Take a leading role in co-defining, implementing and iterating on bespoke People strategies to support the overall business strategy and success.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, partner with leaders and managers on addressing and solving for the ‘things we haven’t seen before’ (aka - writing the next chapter) and then work to document and operationalize the work so that others can learn from and follow your lead.
- Be a critical part of the People Leadership Team, supporting the coordination of efforts to solve our most pressing challenges.
What We're Looking For:
- Proven track record of leading and developing People Business Partners.
- You’re an effective leader and partner to executives and employees alike, and have been part of a high growth company in the past.
- You’ve had significant experience running high impact programs for companies with YoY headcount growth and periods of hyper growth.
- You use data and analytical skills to draw insightful conclusions and solve problems.
- You utilize your negotiating and influencing skills to build solutions that set the business and teams up for success.
- Business-oriented, possess a hunger to learn and know how to build trust with your diverse group of business partners and people operations peers.
- Open, empathic and team-oriented personality and strong, professional interpersonal communication skills and are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find meaningful outside of work - and get paid for it! Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
Amazing! What’s next?
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV, and we’ll get in touch!
How to Recognise and Avoid Employment Scams
There has been a rise in fake job postings used by scammers to get personal information. Please familiarise yourself with the red flags of a potential scam.
Here at Aiven, all of our emails relating to recruitment come from an @aiven.io, @greenhouse.io or @eu.greenhouse.io domain and all of our interviews are conducted over video call or in person, our interviews will never occur over text or chat. If you’re unsure of the legitimacy of a job opportunity/offer pertaining to Aiven, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.
At Aiven, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our working environment and job application procedures. We make all reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or who otherwise need support to thrive in the workplace. We are committed to continuously improving workplace accessibility. There is an option to request a discussion in the application process but if you have any questions before applying please write to us at email@example.com.