Enterprise Account Executive
Open source is our beating heart and it’s something that fuels our work and our culture. It’s where we began. It’s where we’ll always be. Our vision is to become the trusted open source data platform for everyone. We are a Cast of over 400 individuals (‘Crabs’) located across the globe. Why Crabs? Because we believe in thinking sideways. And right now, we’re looking for a sideways-thinking Enterprise Account Executive.
Our Sales team plays a crucial role in our growth and profitability. We want to be the trusted data source data platform for everyone – which, let’s face it, is an ambitious target. But thanks to our dedicated commercial team we are growing fast.
Our sales team works directly with customers as well as with channel partners. We look for courageous people ready to revolutionize the way businesses operate and are not afraid to challenge our customers' current ways of working. Showcasing the transformative power of Aiven's open-source managed data services is essential.
To join our Cast, you will need to be goal-oriented, with excellent negotiation skills and broader communication abilities. Plus you will need to be adept (like a true Crab) at venturing into all the hidden crevices and corners that could lead to more sales.
Who we are
So, how do we become the trusted open source data platform for everyone? By listening closely to our customers and taking action to ensure they achieve their business goals. You see, the software we create is merely a means of delivering value. Our thinking is customer-first. That’s why our customers are at the front and center of all we do. And in the spirit of sideways thinking, we’re by their side as well. Actively helping them solve their challenges. Collaborating. Sharing. And innovating. In other words, it really isn’t just about who we are. It’s about who our customers are – and where they want to be.
We want individuals who can embody our values of ownership, courage, and openness.
What does that mean in practice?
We take ownership of the problems we solve. What we do is about improving life for our customers, enabling them to meet their goals. So we own our decisions and mistakes. Sometimes that takes courage. But we don’t falter – we take on challenges with confidence. And right at our heart is openness. We’re always open to new ideas – from wherever and whoever they come.
Our Account Executives are responsible for selling Aiven’s PaaS to senior-level executives and key decision makers. This involves developing relationships with executive and technical contacts across an organisation.
This role will be responsible for challenging customers’ current way of working, demonstrating how Aiven’s open-source managed data services effectively and efficiently allow software development teams to drastically improve time to market, while keeping costs in line with budget expectations.
Successful candidates must develop a sound understanding of the Aiven solution, market and political landscape, as well as the partner ecosystem in their region.
What You'll Do:
- Open new accounts by identifying and qualifying prospects, and at the same time, increase the revenue with existing customers.
- Work with Solution Architects and Sales Development Representatives collaboratively, to maintain a pipeline of qualified opportunities sufficient to meet and exceed monthly revenue targets.
- Provide accurate and predictable forecasting of business by successfully managing the sales processes.
- Close sales opportunities using outstanding presentation and negotiation skills, and bring experience and confidence in presenting and closing business at the VP and C-Level.
- Develop proposals, respond to RFP’s and conduct sales presentations for prospective customers
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of enterprise-class software sales experience; selling complex solutions to the top 15% of revenue-contributing customers
- Consistent track record of overachievement against revenue targets
- Successful in a team setting
- Experience with Cloud, SaaS, data infrastructure, and/or DevOps
- Demonstrated ability to drive pipeline growth via prospecting
- History selling to Development and/or Product Organisations
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage everyone to apply. We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Flexible work arrangements? This role is a Hybrid position with some time required to work from our new London office.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find meaningful outside of work - and get paid for it! Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
- Your wellbeing matters: we’ve got your wellbeing covered with private medical & dental health insurance, as well as a childbirth cash benefit.
- Need insurance? We’ve got you covered - benefit from our: Employer's liability insurance, Personal Accident, Illness & Travel Insurance, Group Life Assurance, Office Insurance, Group Income Protection and Business & Leisure Travel Accident Insurance.
- Looking after your future: benefit from our provided Pension Plan.
Amazing! What’s next?
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV and we’ll get in touch.
How to Recognise and Avoid Employment Scams
There has been a rise in fake job postings used by scammers to get personal information. Please familiarise yourself with the red flags of a potential scam.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.