Product Marketing Category Lead, Databases
Open source is our beating heart and something that fuels our work and our culture. It’s where we began. It’s where we’ll always be. Our vision is to become the trusted open-source data platform for everyone. We are a Cast of over 400 individuals (‘Crabs’) located across the globe. Why Crabs? Because we believe in thinking sideways.
We want to be the trusted open-source data platform for everyone. But there are plenty of people out there who have not yet heard of us. And, many of those who don’t yet know what we offer or what we stand for.
We therefore take marketing seriously and are always on the lookout for those who have the creative, research, analytical and strategic skills to succeed. Currently, we are looking for a Product Marketing Lead, Databases.
At Aiven our unwavering commitment to our customers drives every facet of our marketing strategy. We believe that a truly customer-centric approach is the key to our success. Whether we're crafting compelling digital campaigns, creating engaging content, orchestrating impactful field events, or nurturing brand awareness, our customers are always at the heart of our efforts.
We work seamlessly with regional sales teams and local partners to ensure that our integrated approach revolves around delivering exceptional value and experiences to our customers.
Who we are:
So, how do we become the trusted open-source data platform for everyone? By listening closely to our customers and taking action to ensure they achieve their business goals.
You see, the software we create is merely a means of delivering value. Our thinking is customer-first. That’s why our customers are at the front and center of all we do.
And in the spirit of sideways thinking, we’re by their side as well, actively helping them solve their challenges. Collaborating. Sharing. And innovating. In other words, it really isn’t just about who we are. It’s about who our customers are – and where they want to be.
We want individuals who can embody our values of ownership, courage, and openness.
What does that mean in practice?
We take ownership of the problems we solve. We improve life for our customers, enabling them to meet their goals. So we own our decisions and mistakes. Sometimes that takes courage. But we don’t falter – we take on challenges with confidence. And right at our heart is openness. We’re always open to new ideas – from wherever and whoever they come.
We have an opportunity for a Product Marketing Lead, Databases on Aiven Product Marketing Team. The Product Marketing Team at Aiven plays a critical role in creating and establishing product messaging and positioning that influences awareness, product adoption and GTM activities. This role will be focused on driving awareness and adoption of Aiven’s Database portfolio, which includes Aiven services for PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis and Apache Cassandra.
We are seeking a passionate leader who will accelerate adoption of the Aiven Database services portfolio by: driving the creation of content and messaging; developing and executing PLG and direct sales GTM programs; creating and maintaining assets for sales enablement programs; maintaining competitive intelligence; and managing product and feature launches. This role will report directly to the VP of Product Marketing.
Key is knowledge of the data infrastructure or database market, with strong GTM experience. This role will report directly to the VP of Product Marketing.
What You'll Do:
- Create and maintain differentiated market positioning and messaging framework for the Aiven data streaming portfolio
- Develop compelling value propositions, business benefits and technical highlights that align with the needs of different personas within customer organizations.
- Define and profile target audiences for your category
- Translate the technical details of Aiven’s services to tangible customer benefits
- Lead initiatives with Product and PLG teams to drive increased trial and product adoption metrics
- Lead major and minor product launches with the cross functional team to increase awareness and product adoption
- Equip Aiven’s sales and marketing teams with the collateral and sales tools they need to be successful
- Keep track of competitors relevant to your category. Perform market and competitive analysis for the service in your category
- Hold a regular sales training & enablement sessions including new product features and competitor analysis
- Participate in webinars, industry events and tradeshows relevant to your category
- Participate in analyst relations activities
What We're Looking For:
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage you to apply! We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
- 5+ years of experience in B2B product marketing
- Strong database knowledge with open-source databases such as PostgreSQL, Redis, Cassandra, MySQL
- Passion for content that resonates with enterprise decision maker and practitioner personas (developer, DevOps, CXO)
- Experience in supporting & enabling sales and GTM teams
- Experience in running and improving launch projects
- Excellent English language writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to translate technical features to business benefits
- Collaborative skills to facilitate cross functional working
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent fluency in English language, both written and spoken
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you:
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs, fully remote, or anything in between
- Get the needed equipment to set yourself up for success
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more)
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program
Make a difference at Aiven:
- Contribute to open source projects that you find meaningful outside of work - and get paid for it! Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you
- Need insurance: We’ve got you covered - benefit from our: Comprehensive health insurance options including dental and vision benefits and Life and AD&D insurance
- Your wellbeing matters: we provide you with a health savings account with Aiven contributions, as well as short and long term disability plans that protect you if you’re unable to work
- Looking after your future: you’re covered by 401(k) and roth 401(k) retirement plans
Amazing, What’s next:
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV and we’ll get in touch.
Aiven participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. More information about our participation in e-verify can be found here.
How to Recognise and Avoid Employment Scams:
There has been a rise in fake job postings used by scammers to get personal information. Please familiarise yourself with the red flags of a potential scam.
Here at Aiven, all of our emails relating to recruitment come from an @aiven.io, @greenhouse.io or @eu.greenhouse.io domain and all of our interviews are conducted over video call or in person, our interviews will never occur over text or chat. If you’re unsure of the legitimacy of a job opportunity/offer pertaining to Aiven, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.