Sales Development Representative
Open source is our beating heart and it’s something that fuels our work and our culture. It’s where we began. It’s where we’ll always be. Our vision is to become the trusted open source data platform for everyone. We are a Cast of over 400 individuals (‘Crabs’) located across the globe. Why Crabs? Because we believe in thinking sideways. And right now, we’re looking for sideways-thinking Sales Development Representatives.
Our Sales team plays a crucial role in our growth and profitability. We want to be the trusted data source data platform for everyone – which, let’s face it, is an ambitious target. But thanks to our dedicated commercial OR GTM teams we are growing fast. Right now, we are looking for a Sales Development Representative.
Our sales team works directly with customers as well as with channel partners. We look for courageous people ready to revolutionize the way businesses operate and are not afraid to challenge our customers' current ways of working. Showcasing the transformative power of Aiven's open-source managed data services is essential.
To join our Cast, you will need to be goal-oriented, with excellent negotiation skills and broader communication abilities. Plus you will need to be adept (like a true Crab) at venturing into all the hidden crevices and corners that could lead to more sales.
Who we are
So, how do we become the trusted open source data platform for everyone? By listening closely to our customers and taking action to ensure they achieve their business goals. You see, the software we create is merely a means of delivering value. Our thinking is customer-first. That’s why our customers are at the front and center of all we do. And in the spirit of sideways thinking, we’re by their side as well. Actively helping them solve their challenges. Collaborating. Sharing. And innovating. In other words, it really isn’t just about who we are. It’s about who our customers are – and where they want to be.
We want individuals who can embody our values of ownership, courage, and openness.
What does that mean in practice?
We take ownership of the problems we solve. What we do is about improving life for our customers, enabling them to meet their goals. So we own our decisions and mistakes. Sometimes that takes courage. But we don’t falter – we take on challenges with confidence. And right at our heart is openness. We’re always open to new ideas – from wherever and whoever they come.
We are looking for a Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join the Aiven Sales team to help develop and qualify out- and inbound opportunities. This role will be instrumental in directing leads into the appropriate conversion path while growing pipeline velocity.
The successful candidate will use creativity and persistence to continuously improve performance. They will be familiar with working cross-functionally to promote and sell technical products to sophisticated prospects.
- Research, contact, and qualify prospects and MQL
- Develop and implement outreach strategy to build SQL pipeline, as well as experiment with various outreach methods and sequences
- Participate in outbound activities including cold calling
- Document lead interactions and build handoff process, and document SDR standard processes.
- Maintain contact with marketing
What We're Looking For:
- 1+ years experience building, developing, and qualifying sales pipelines
- CRM and marketing automation experience, Salesforce / Pardot is a plus
- Experience using various methods to establish contact with prospects and developing outreach strategies
- Fluent in English language, both written and spoken
- Experience working within cross-functional teams within the tech industry
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage everyone to apply. We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs, fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find meaningful outside of work - and get paid for it! Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
- Looking after your future: we adhere to the Central Provident Fund.
- Don’t lose out on time off - any public holiday that falls on a Saturday is are granted back to you in lieu.
- Need insurance? We’ve got you covered - benefit from our: Private Health Insurance and Life Insurance.
Amazing! What’s next?
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV and we’ll get in touch.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.