Senior Director, Financial Engineering (EMEA)
Open source is our beating heart and something that fuels our work and our culture. It’s where we began. It’s where we’ll always be. Our vision is to become the trusted open-source data platform for everyone. We are a Cast of over 400 individuals (‘Crabs’) located across the globe. Why Crabs? Because we believe in thinking sideways.
For a fast-growing, ambitious business, like Aiven, having the right Finance team is essential. That includes treasury and tax specialists through to financial planning and analysis (FP&A) professionals, plus finance managers and accountants.
Some are involved in day-to-day activities or take care of complete project life cycles. Others specialize in forward planning and strategic thinking to support our decision-making and overall direction.
Whatever their role, each team member embodies our values of ownership, courage, and openness, ensuring we meet our fiscal and compliance obligations and continuing overall financial health.
Right now, we are looking for a Senior Director, Financial Engineering with the necessary critical (and sideways) thinking, attention to detail, and communication skills to ensure our continued prosperity.
Who we are:
So, how do we become the trusted open-source data platform for everyone? By listening closely to our customers and taking action to ensure they achieve their business goals.
You see, the software we create is merely a means of delivering value. Our thinking is customer-first. That’s why our customers are at the front and center of all we do.
And in the spirit of sideways thinking, we’re by their side as well, actively helping them solve their challenges. Collaborating. Sharing. And innovating. In other words, it really isn’t just about who we are. It’s about who our customers are – and where they want to be.
We want individuals who can embody our values of ownership, courage, and openness.
What does that mean in practice?
We take ownership of the problems we solve. We improve life for our customers, enabling them to meet their goals. So we own our decisions and mistakes. Sometimes that takes courage. But we don’t falter – we take on challenges with confidence. And right at our heart is openness. We’re always open to new ideas – from wherever and whoever they come.
The Senior Director, Financial Engineering is a new EMEA-based role that will have the ability to make a significant impact on company performance by ensuring our financial systems operate effectively and scale with the company’s growth.
The Senior Director, Financial Engineering is responsible for defining and implementing the financial systems product roadmap (e.g. ERP, revenue and billing systems, etc). They must possess a firm understanding of how the various financial systems support core business processes and how to best build and develop these systems to perform at scale.
In addition, you will hire and lead a team of dedicated product managers and developers. This role is a part of the Aiven Finance leadership team and will report directly to the CFO.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for all aspects of our financial systems environment with both in-house and SaaS systems, including budget responsibility.
- Develop and execute on a strategy for what financial engineering at Aiven should be.
- Build and mentor a team of product managers and engineers who can help you realize your strategy.
- Ensure organization’s systems are scalable, reliable, predictable, and automated.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across Finance, Engineering, Product Management, Security and IT, and Go to Market (GTM) to form strategies and operationalize our financial system needs at scale.
- Influence, champion and drive process, tools and technology improvements to support a global, large scale, cloud-based platform with global customers.
- Ensure the right economy of scale for ongoing infrastructure investment.
- Drive continuous improvement through a combination of development and operations initiatives as well as through process excellence.
What We're Looking For:
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage you to apply! We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
- 10+ years’ of demonstrated experience in financial engineering, corporate IT, business IT, general engineering, or related fields.
- Experience managing SaaS systems like Netsuite and in-house order to cash / revenue / invoicing systems at a public company.
- Ability to quickly develop and maintain a reasonable level of knowledge of company solutions and remain an expert on current product knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership in delivering results with large-scale, cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional leader of high integrity who can articulate a clear vision for the team.
- Proven track record of leading and developing high-performance teams
- Ability to conduct analyses, interpret results, and effectively communicate insights.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you:
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs , fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.