Senior FP&A Analyst
Open source is our beating heart and it’s something that fuels our work and our culture. It’s where we began. It’s where we’ll always be. Our vision is to become the trusted open source data platform for everyone. We are a Cast of over 400 individuals (‘Crabs’) located across the world. Why Crabs? Because we believe in thinking sideways. And right now, we’re searching for a sideways-thinking Senior FP&A Analyst.
For a fast-growing, ambitious business like Aiven, having the right Finance team is essential. That includes treasury and tax specialists through to financial planning and analysis (FP&A) professionals, plus finance managers and accountants.
Some are involved in day-to-day activities, or take care of complete project life cycles. Others specialize in forward planning and critical thinking to support our decision-making and overall direction.
Whatever their particular role, each team member embodies our values of ownership, courage, and openness, ensuring we meet our fiscal and compliance obligations and continuing overall financial health.
Right now, we seeking a Senior FP&A Analyst with the necessary critical (and sideways) thinking, attention to detail, and communication skills to ensure our continued prosperity.
Who we are
So, how do we become the trusted open source data platform for everyone? By listening closely to our customers and taking action to ensure they achieve their business goals. You see, the software we create is merely a means of delivering value. Our thinking is customer-first. That’s why our customers are at the front and center of all we do. And in the spirit of sideways thinking, we’re by their side as well. Actively helping them solve their challenges. Collaborating. Sharing. And innovating. In other words, it really isn’t just about who we are. It’s about who our customers are – and where they want to be.
We want individuals who can embody our values of ownership, courage, and openness.
We take ownership of the problems we solve. What we do is about improving life for our customers, enabling them to meet their goals. So we own our decisions and mistakes. Sometimes that takes courage. But we don’t falter – we take on challenges with confidence. And right at our heart is openness. We’re always open to new ideas – from wherever and whoever they come.
In this role you will join our FP&A team that works closely with the wider Analytics team. This position is preferably based either at our HQ in Helsinki or our second largest hub in Berlin, we also support remote working.
You will be a key player in our Financial Planning & Analytics team and take ownership of management reporting and analysis, and financial planning process for your respective business domain. You will partner closely with your respective domain's executive team member and functional leaders, ensuring we provide best in class support for decision making and help Aiven grow the right way.
You should enjoy working with a small but dynamic team, and at the same time independently take ownership of certain processes and areas. You like the world of numbers and analysis and have an eye for operational improvement areas, but also enjoy interacting with our collaborators and building partnerships.
What You'll Do:
- Partnership with selected business area management - building a close relationship and collaboration to ensure we challenge and support our leadership in all decision making
- Owner of the functional financial planning processes
- Analysis of Key Performance Indicators and supportive data and delivery of key insights
- Participate in core FP&A processes such as Monthly Management and Investor reporting
- Solid experience in business control and finance business partnering
- Very good financial competence and an eye for business
- Excellent communication and partner management skills, and the ability to build effective relationships to work with other functions and senior business leaders
- Skilled in data analysis and handling large amounts of data. Excellent skills in Excel & Google tools
- Financial modeling experience
- Prior experience in SaaS is considered a plus
- Ability to navigate a fast growing environment
- Able to understand details while keeping an eye on the bigger picture
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Relevant University degree or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage you to apply. We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs , fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find meaningful outside of work - and get paid for it! Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
- Your wellbeing matters: we provide extensive Occupational Health Care, Dental Care, as well as sports, culture, massage, commute and lunch benefits
- We care about your learning! We provide Finnish Language lessons to help you settle in to your new environment
- Love breakfast? So do we! Join us at our monthly office breakfast
- We also have you covered by statutory accident insurance
Amazing! What’s next?
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV, and we’ll get in touch!
How to Recognise and Avoid Employment Scams
There has been a rise in fake job postings used by scammers to get personal information. Please familiarise yourself with the red flags of a potential scam.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.