Senior Data Analyst
Our vision is to become the trusted open source data platform for everyone. We are a Cast of over 400 individuals (‘Crabs’) located across the globe. Why Crabs? Because we believe in thinking sideways. And right now, we’re looking for sideways-thinking Marketing Analyst.
We want to be the trusted data source data platform for everyone. But there are plenty of people out there who have not yet heard of us. And many of those who don’t yet know what we offer or what we stand for. We are always on the lookout for those who have the creative, research, analytical and strategic skills to succeed. Currently, we are looking for a Senior Data Analyst.
At Aiven our unwavering commitment to our customers drives every facet of our marketing strategy. We believe that a truly customer-centric and data-driven approach is the key to our success. Whether we're crafting compelling digital campaigns, creating engaging content, orchestrating impactful field events, or nurturing brand awareness – our customers are always at the heart of our efforts. We work seamlessly with regional sales teams and local partners to ensure that our integrated approach revolves around delivering exceptional value and experiences to our customers.
Who we are
So, how do we become the trusted open source data platform for everyone? By listening closely to our customers and taking action to ensure they achieve their business goals. You see, the software we create is merely a means of delivering value. Our thinking is customer-first. That’s why our customers are at the front and center of all we do. And in the spirit of sideways thinking, we’re by their side as well. Actively helping them solve their challenges. Collaborating. Sharing. And innovating. In other words, it really isn’t just about who we are. It’s about who our customers are – and where they want to be.
We want individuals who can embody our values of ownership, courage, and openness.
What does that mean in practice?
We take ownership of the problems we solve. What we do is about improving life for our customers, enabling them to meet their goals. So we own our decisions and mistakes. Sometimes that takes courage. But we don’t falter – we take on challenges with confidence. And right at our heart is openness. We’re always open to new ideas – from wherever and whoever they come.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst with a passion for delivering actionable business insights. Working as a key part of the Marketing team, you will help our marketing teams understand the effects of different actions, provide insights on key performance metrics and create tools that help to drive growth. In this role you will work closely with the data engineering team to make sure that we have the right data models that enable the marketing analytics team to offer the best possible tools and insights to our stakeholders in the sales and finance teams.
You'll be part of the Marketing Analytics team, reporting to the Marketing Analytics Director. We are a team with a mission to make data-driven decisions that drive growth. We value automation, open communication, collaboration and we always aim on the biggest impact. If you are excited about data, learning about marketing analytics and the software industry, and enjoy working together with different teams, this role is for you!
- Work as Point of contact for Marketing teams as an analytical expert
- Dive into data to produce actionable insights for Marketers
- Help foster a data-driven culture by delivering effective enablement sessions for Aiven Marketing team members
- Support strategic Marketing goals through Agile Sprint Planning way of working
- Collaborate with data engineering team to create best possible data models and accurate data to be used in analytics work
- Build and maintain reporting dashboards for Aiven Marketing
- Maintain and document Marketing data models
What we’re looking for
- Strong understanding of SQL and Python together with prior experience in dashboarding and business intelligence tools
- Experience working with a data warehouse like BigQuery and in using tools such as dbt and Hightouch
- Expert in using business intelligence tools like Superset or Tableau
- Comfort with data cleaning and preparation, and strong skills in data analysis and exploration - ideally with knowledge of statistical models
- Excited about visualizing data and creating dashboards that meet the needs of a wide variety of marketing teams
- An excellent communicator and problem solver
- Comfortable working within an agile sprint planning environment
- Growth mindset - you enjoy learning new things and are comfortable in a fast paced environment
What we value
- Prior experience in SaaS companies and an understanding of main metrics & KPIs used in SaaS businesses
- Background in (or interest in) Marketing Analytics and Aiven as a product
- Understanding of tools such as GitHub, PostHog, Snowplow, and Salesforce
- An agile working environment with short decision paths
- Compensation for open-source contributions made in your free time
- Flexible working hours
- Choose the devices and tools that make you work the best
- Participation in employee stock option plan
- Office snacks, soft drinks, treats and fruits
Please note that benefits and perks may slightly differ depending on location.
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit team, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a great success story. If you are interested, please send us your application!
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes.
Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.
At Aiven we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our working environment and job application procedures. We make all reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or who otherwise need support to thrive in the workplace. We are committed to continuously improving workplace accessibility. There is an option to request a discussion in the application process but if you have any questions before applying please reach out to