Technical Account Manager
Open source is our beating heart and it’s something that fuels our work and our culture. It’s where we began. It’s where we’ll always be. Our vision is to become the trusted open source data platform for everyone. We are a Cast of over 400 individuals (‘Crabs’) located across the globe. Why Crabs? Because we believe in thinking sideways. And right now, we’re looking for a sideways-thinking Technical Account Manager.
Our Sales team plays a crucial role in our growth and profitability. We want to be the trusted data source data platform for everyone – which, let’s face it, is an ambitious target. But thanks to our dedicated commercial team we are growing fast.
Our sales team works directly with customers as well as with channel partners. We look for courageous people ready to revolutionize the way businesses operate and are not afraid to challenge our customers' current ways of working. Showcasing the transformative power of Aiven's open-source managed data services is essential.
To join our Cast, you will need to be goal-oriented, with excellent negotiation skills and broader communication abilities. Plus you will need to be adept (like a true Crab) at venturing into all the hidden crevices and corners that could lead to more sales.
We are looking for a customer-centric Technical Account Manager (TAM) with direct focus on our largest enterprise customers and partners. The TAM is a technical professional who helps optimize Aiven’s customer experience and accelerate time-to-value when using Aiven’s Open Source services. The Aiven TAM acts as a single point of contact, customer advocate and provides direct access into Aiven business functions such as Support, Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, and Executive Staff.
Suitable candidates must have proven experience in the following areas that will be required in their day-to-day job: Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, InfluxDB and Grafana. TAMs will also be involved in every stage of enterprise customer/partner development on Aiven. Thus, this will involve meeting with customers/partners on a consistent basis allowing for positive and meaningful customer interaction.
The position is full-time and permanent and is located in France, preferably in the Haut-de-France region.
What You'll Do:
- Help customers/partners succeed, building successful relationships during the entire customer journey.
- Develop a deep (and technical) understanding of the customer’s/partner’s business priorities, operational model/objectives, cloud environment, cloud architecture/roadmap, and their technical initiatives.
- Maintain awareness of customer/partner operations as the Aiven advisor to assist with operational planning, risk management and act as an advisor for deployments.
- Act as an advocate of the customer/partner and conduit into various Aiven cross-functional teams & leadership, including Sales, Support, Engineering and Product Management.
- Conduct regular operational reviews with customer/partner on weekly incidents, field advisories, security vulnerabilities, and related root-cause analysis.
- Extract and maintain account insights and capture in systems of record.
- Participate in sales account planning and support account penetration/pipeline growth strategies.
- Actively contribute to customer/partner stability, enablement, and growth.
- Travel up to 10% of the time.
What We're Looking For:
- Experience working in technology/software sales, pre-sales or consulting.
- Fluency in one or more programming languages such as Java, Python, Go or Ruby.
- Ability to understand customers’ technical requirements on an architectural level and articulate to the Product team or supporting Solution Architecture team.
- Experience implementing proof of concepts, and knowledge of technical validation processes.
- Knowledgeable of public clouds (AWS, Google or Azure) and in the areas of compute, storage - block and object, networking, and security groups.
- Linux operating system; demonstrable experience using various Linux utilities and tools (installation, securing system, storage, etc.) and a good grasp of networking basics like DNS and VPC.
- A fairly deep conceptual and hands-on understanding of Kafka and at least one of Cassandra or Opensearch (Elasticsearch).
- Demonstrable use of a relational databases preferably PostgreSQL and/or MySQL
(migration experience from Oracle to PostgreSQL is an asset).
- Excellent communication, project management, presentation, and problem-solving skills required with ability to build trusted relationships with premier enterprise customers and partners.
- Attention to detail, good problem solving and project management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work well with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Support, Engineering, Product Management and Consulting Services.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans in collaboration with customers.
The following are nice to have:
- Customer relationship management is highly desired.
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage everyone to apply! We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs, fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get comprehensive wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find relevant outside of work - and get paid for it. Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
As well as the above Global Benefits, we have regional benefits specific to your country of residence. We would be happy to discuss these further with you during the interview process
Amazing, What’s next
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV, and we’ll get in touch!
How to Recognise and Avoid Employment Scams
There has been a rise in fake job postings used by scammers to get personal information. Please familiarise yourself with the red flags of a potential scam.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven aligns with applicable local laws governing inclusivity in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.