Open source is our beating heart and it’s something that fuels our work and our culture. It’s where we began. It’s where we’ll always be. Our vision is to become the trusted open source data platform for everyone. We are a Cast of over 400 individuals (‘Crabs’) located across the world. Why Crabs? Because we believe in thinking sideways. And right now, we’re searching for a sideways-thinking FP&A Manager.
For a fast-growing, ambitious business like Aiven, having the right Finance team is essential. That includes treasury and tax specialists through to financial planning and analysis (FP&A) professionals, plus finance managers and accountants.
Some are involved in day-to-day activities, or take care of complete project life cycles. Others specialize in forward planning and critical thinking to support our decision-making and overall direction.
Whatever their particular role, each team member embodies our values of ownership, courage, and openness, ensuring we meet our fiscal and compliance obligations and continuing overall financial health.
Right now, we seeking a Senior FP&A Manager with the necessary critical (and sideways) thinking, attention to detail, and communication skills to ensure our continued prosperity.
Who we are
So, how do we become the trusted open source data platform for everyone? By listening closely to our customers and taking action to ensure they achieve their business goals. You see, the software we create is merely a means of delivering value. Our thinking is customer-first. That’s why our customers are at the front and center of all we do. And in the spirit of sideways thinking, we’re by their side as well. Actively helping them solve their challenges. Collaborating. Sharing. And innovating. In other words, it really isn’t just about who we are. It’s about who our customers are – and where they want to be.
We want individuals who can embody our values of ownership, courage, and openness.
We take ownership of the problems we solve. What we do is about improving life for our customers, enabling them to meet their goals. So we own our decisions and mistakes. Sometimes that takes courage. But we don’t falter – we take on challenges with confidence. And right at our heart is openness. We’re always open to new ideas – from wherever and whoever they come.
We are looking for a FP&A Manager to join our FP&A team that works closely with the wider Analytics team. In this role you will be a key player in our FP&A team and take ownership of our main planning and forecasting processes. You will work closely with our business areas and act as a trusted business partner to selected function leaders, ensuring we provide best in class support for decision making and help Aiven grow the right way.
You should enjoy working with a small but dynamic team, and at the same time independently take ownership of certain processes and areas. You like the world of numbers and analysis and have an eye for process improvement areas, but also enjoy interacting with our team members and building those relationships.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with selected business areas - building a close relationship and collaboration to ensure we challenge and support in all decision making
- Be the main owner of Aiven’s planning and reporting processes for the respective function
- Help our business areas with defining, providing and maintaining relevant performance metrics
- Be in an admin role for financial planning and reporting tool
- Participate in core FP&A processes such as Board and Investor reporting
- Participate or take ownership of development projects within core FP&A processes
- Solid experience in business control and finance business partnering
- Skilled in data analysis and handling large amounts of data. Excellent skills in Excel & Google tools
- Prior experience in SaaS is considered a plus
- Ability to navigate a fast growing environment
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills, and the ability to build effective relationships to work with other functions and senior business leaders
- Able to understand details while keeping an eye on the bigger picture
- Validated ability to handle multiple competing priorities simultaneously
- Relevant University degree or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage you to apply. We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- This role is predominantly office based and can be located in London, Helsinki or Berlin.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open source projects that you find meaningful outside of work - and get paid for it! Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
- Your wellbeing matters: we provide extensive Occupational Health Care, Dental Care, as well as sports, culture, massage, commute and lunch benefits
- We care about your learning! We provide Finnish Language lessons to help you settle in to your new environment
- Love breakfast? So do we! Join us at our monthly office breakfast
- We also have you covered by statutory accident insurance
Amazing! What’s next?
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV, and we’ll get in touch!
How to Recognise and Avoid Employment Scams
There has been a rise in fake job postings used by scammers to get personal information. Please familiarise yourself with the red flags of a potential scam.
Here at Aiven, all of our emails relating to recruitment come from an @aiven.io, @greenhouse.io or @eu.greenhouse.io domain and all of our interviews are conducted over video call or in person, our interviews will never occur over text or chat. If you’re unsure of the legitimacy of a job opportunity/offer pertaining to Aiven, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.
At Aiven we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our working environment and job application procedures. We make all reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or who otherwise need support to thrive in the workplace. We are committed to continuously improving workplace accessibility. There is an option to request a discussion in the application process but if you have any questions before applying please write to us at email@example.com.