Marketing Lead APAC
Open source is our beating heart and it’s something that fuels our work and our culture. It’s where we began. It’s where we’ll always be. Our vision is to become the trusted open-source data platform for everyone. We are a Cast of over 400 individuals (‘Crabs’) located across the globe. Why Crabs? Because we believe in thinking sideways.
We want to be the trusted data source data platform for everyone. But there are plenty of people out there who have not yet heard of us. And many of those who don’t yet know what we offer or what we stand for.
We therefore take marketing extremely seriously, and we are always on the lookout for those who have the creative, research, analytical and strategic skills to succeed.
At Aiven our unwavering commitment to our customers drives every facet of our marketing strategy. We believe that a truly customer-centric approach is the key to our success. Whether we're crafting compelling digital campaigns, creating engaging content, orchestrating impactful field events, or nurturing brand awareness – our customers are always at the heart of our efforts. We work seamlessly with regional sales teams and local partners to ensure that our integrated approach revolves around delivering exceptional value and experiences to our customers.
Who we are
So, how do we become the trusted open-source data platform for everyone? By listening closely to our customers and taking action to ensure they achieve their business goals. You see, the software we create is merely a means of delivering value. Our thinking is customer-first. That’s why our customers are at the front and center of all we do. And in the spirit of sideways thinking, we’re by their side as well. Actively helping them solve their challenges. Collaborating. Sharing. And innovating. In other words, it really isn’t just about who we are. It’s about who our customers are – and where they want to be.
We want individuals who can embody our values of ownership, courage, and openness.
What does that mean in practice?
We take ownership of the problems we solve. What we do is about improving life for our customers, enabling them to meet their goals. So, we own our decisions and mistakes. Sometimes that takes courage. But we don’t falter – we take on challenges with confidence. And right at our heart is openness. We’re always open to new ideas – from wherever and whoever they come.
Aiven is seeking an APAC Marketing Lead position to accelerate our market momentum. This role is responsible for defining the marketing plan, organizing, and executing activities that generate new prospects, as well as creating and accelerating opportunities for the sales team.
As a member of the APAC leadership team: You are entrepreneurial in style and hands-on in approach, a community builder, with experience leading a high impact team, and the ability to influence colleagues and business partners to pursue a journey with you.
As our APAC Marketing Lead, you will own the regional marketing plan from creation to implementation, with a focus on achieving enterprise targets. You will work closely with our Account Executives, Inside Sales, Customer Success Managers, Partner Sales Managers, and align with the VP of Sales, APAC. You will report to the Global Head of Field Marketing and Demand Generation.
What You'll Do:
- Develop the overall APAC regional marketing strategy and implementation.
- Design and run an account-based marketing approach that delivers coordinated and personalized campaigns across channels including digital, first party and third-party events, social networking marketing, email marketing.
- Drive demand generation efforts in the region, including digital campaigns, events and webinars, partner co-marketing, and more.
- Ensure field marketing and events alignment to overall GTM strategy.
- Orchestrate the execution of regional and local marketing activities.
- Grow the local APAC marketing team both from a headcount and skills perspective.
- Work with the sales team to implement best practices for outbound campaigns that can be tracked and optimized over time.
- Continuously track the return on marketing efforts and investment, delivering insights and analysis on marketing performance in the region.
What We're Looking For:
Don’t worry if your experience doesn’t line up perfectly – we still encourage you to apply! We believe in investing in our crabs’ professional growth.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in B2B tech or software marketing is preferred.
- People management experience, including the proven ability to develop marketers and work with diverse skill sets.
- An excellent understanding of cloud, DevOps, SaaS, and application development
- Self-starter and result-driven mentality
- A strong track record of working closely with sales.
- Experience in running multi-channel B2B marketing programs, especially account-based marketing, to support sales objectives.
- Experience with digital campaign management.
- Experience in working with partners/channels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field is preferred but not required
- Expected travel across ASEAN will be needed (20-30%) to manage customer and partner events.
- Preferred location is Singapore.
If you ask us what’s the best thing about working for Aiven, many will probably say it’s the high concentration of talent from around the world that we have here. Enjoy the agile environment of a hyperscale scale-up where you can truly make an impact and have fun while at it.
We invest in you
- Participate in Aiven’s equity plan.
- Dreaming of flexible work arrangements? Look no further. Work in one of our hubs, fully remote, or anything in between.
- Get the equipment you need to set yourself up for success.
- Step up your career game with real employer support (use one of our learning platforms, annual learning budget, and more).
- Get holistic wellbeing support through our global Employee Assistance Program.
Make a difference at Aiven
- Contribute to open-source projects that you find meaningful outside of work - and get paid for it! Our Plankton program recognizes extra work to the open-source ecosystem for developers and non-developers alike.
- Use up to 5 days per year to volunteer for a good cause of your choice.
- Join one of our team member resource groups - empower yourself and others in missions that resonate with you.
- Looking after your future: we adhere to the Central Provident Fund.
- Don’t lose out on time off - any public holiday that falls on a Saturday is granted back to you in lieu.
- Need insurance? We’ve got you covered - benefit from our: Private Health Insurance and Life Insurance.
Amazing! What’s next?
If you think Aiven is the place for you, send us your CV and we’ll get in touch.
How to Recognize and Avoid Employment Scams
There has been a rise in fake job postings used by scammers to get personal information. Please familiarize yourself with the red flags of a potential scam.
Here at Aiven, all of our emails relating to recruitment come from an @aiven.io, @greenhouse.io or @eu.greenhouse.io domain and all of our interviews are conducted over video call or in person, our interviews will never occur over text or chat. If you’re unsure of the legitimacy of a job opportunity/offer pertaining to Aiven, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aiven provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, marital and family status or without regard to any other similar personal attributes. Aiven complies with applicable local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and any other terms and conditions related to employment.
At Aiven we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities or special needs in our working environment and job application procedures. We make all reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities or who otherwise need support to thrive in the workplace. We are committed to continuously improving workplace accessibility. There is an option to request a discussion in the application process but if you have any questions before applying, please write to us at email@example.com.