Strategic Partnerships Manager (NYC, Remote)
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
From smartphones to connected cars, location data is changing the way we live and the way business happens. CARTO is the platform that turns location data into more efficient delivery routes, better behavioral marketing, strategic store placements, and much more. Everyone, from business analysts to developers and data scientists, use our software and location data to understand where and why things happen, optimize business processes, and predict future outcomes.
Backed by leading VC firms Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, CARTO is leading in the Location Intelligence (LI) space.
To continue our growth, we are looking for a high-energy, commercial and resourceful Strategic Partnerships Manager with experience in B2B SaaS to help our partners leverage the value of our Location Intelligence platform.
As a Strategic Partnerships Manager you will be responsible for building and executing partner management strategies that drive understanding and adoption of CARTO solutions with strategic business partners. This position will work cross functionally to manage and deepen the partner relationship through the development of business building strategies, excellent communication and product/marketplace expertise.
- Responsible for identifying, cultivating, and managing a set of fast-growing, high-potential key strategic cloud technology relationships to drive new incremental CARTO revenue.
- Drive strategic growth plans for key strategic cloud partners, including market assessment, revenue projections, go-to-market plans, and quantifiable metrics of success.
- Build deep relationships with key internal and external stakeholders inside our most strategic cloud partners to strengthen and expand our relationships and execute upon overall platform strategy.
- Introduce CARTO to cloud partner field sales and GTM teams with the goal of sourcing new pipeline opportunities while leveraging the same audience to help close the current CARTO pipeline.
- Evaluate the strategic and economic impact of potential GTM opportunities with the cloud partners you’ll manage, and prioritize your efforts based on importance.
- Contribute to shaping our platform partnership strategy and building repeatable processes and scaled engagement models.
- Collaborate internally with key cross-functional stakeholders including marketing, sales, product, engineering, legal, and more.
- Manage CARTO’s inclusion on all key cloud partner programs and competencies along with their deal sharing portals.
- Manage a scalable Partner management program that enables new partners to effectively sell and integrate the CARTO platform, increase success through the adoption of CARTO, and develop a shared value proposition.
- Maintain a Partnership Knowledge repository with curated content, self-service, and certification mechanisms, ensuring all content is current.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience in technology or data and analytics in client-facing, strategic or marketing roles, preferably in SaaS-based technology companies.
- An entrepreneurial and curious self-starter that can take a project and run with it, digging into data and coming up with strategic recommendations.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Proven ability to think ahead, engage proactively and take initiative.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as Google, Snowflake, AWS, Azure and Databricks, and is comfortable working with teams discussing different tools within these platforms.
- Strong relationship management skills, ability to operate with little oversight, be an executor, and be able to drive excitement and growth across partners.
- Demonstrated experience developing effective communication and outcome-driven channel partner strategies resulting in revenue.
- Strong communication skills and eye for detail. This role requires the ability to create informative documents and present them directly to Senior Leadership and to external partners.
- Experience working with or for large cloud providers is a plus.
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment.
- Excellent benefits, including 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees.
- Generous—really generous—time off, 401(k) with match, and stock options.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming, multicultural and multilingual company.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
See more open positions at CARTO
Something looks off?