Customer Success Engineer - Costa Rica
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
San José Province, San José, Costa Rica
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Everything happens somewhere - which is why spatial analytics is fundamental to companies trying to understand the “where” and the “why” of their business. CARTO is the leading cloud-native location intelligence platform, trusted by data scientists, data analysts and developers from companies such as T-Mobile, Mastercard, NHL, Coca-Cola and Gap to provide geospatial insights for use cases such as site selection, geomarketing, route optimization, network planning and much more.
With an exceptionally diverse team of 170 people spread across the US and Europe, CARTO (backed by Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, among others) is changing the way companies analyze location data - making it simple to do this straight out of modern, cloud data warehouses. Redefining its category, the company has grown rapidly in recent years providing a compelling alternative to legacy GIS software.
We are looking for a growth-focused, and results-driven Customer Success Engineer to work with CARTO’s most strategic customers to use location intelligence to solve their high-impact business needs. Our Customer Success Team ensures clients adopt and see value with CARTO. Our aim is to be trusted advisors to our customers – helping solve business problems with CARTO solutions, managing accounts, and ensuring that customers love CARTO.
The position is based in Spain. It's possible to work remotely from anywhere in Spain, but also to work from our offices in Madrid or Seville.
What you will achieve
- Ability to deliver results through others by leading and influencing different phases of the customer lifecycle (from onboarding to renewal)
- Maintain high levels of engagement to ensure your customers see value from insights, increase adoption, and uncover new uses for CARTO’s location intelligence tools.
- Identify opportunities for expansion and be a source of intelligence to drive the evolution of our products and new solutions.
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with our most strategic enterprise customers across different verticals -- engaging to deeply understand their business needs and goals with CARTO.
- Be the voice of our customers at CARTO, interfacing with Product and other teams.
- Analyse and interpret data to present actionable insights (KPI´s, forecast, P&L, etc.)
What you need to thrive
- Our CSs need to be able to help our customers with different types of queries by navigating wisely the organization and consistently be able to prove the value of Carto. You will be managing enterprise accounts working with senior business managers at large, complex companies.
- 4+ years of enterprise customer-facing customer success, SaaS account management, or strategic consulting, with a strong technical foundation and business savvy.
- Must have at least one of the following: GIS knowledge, technical background, experience managing complex data products or cloud infrastructures
- The ability to speak to C level stakeholders comfortably
- The skills to lead technical conversations.
- The skills to use data, CARTO products, and your technical skills to develop proofs-of-concept and advise on solutions.
- The ability to translate complex technical messages into easy to articulate action plans.
- Experience handling complex enterprise organizations and solving difficult problems.
- Proven ability to develop successful collaborations, trust, and communications with executive leadership, technical and sales teams, along with technical users of the software.
- Curiosity and a passion for serving customers. Ability to be diplomatic, empathetic, poised, and action-oriented when working with customers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A strong combination of being both a team player and a detail oriented, self-starter.
- Familiarity with SQL and Big Data is a plus!
- Technical knowledge of Geo world and tools.
- Excellent communication skills. Additional languages like Spanish are a plus
For this, successful Customer Success Engineer have:
Bonus points for:
What we offer
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Education Stipend
- Flexible compensation
- English classes
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
- Contribute to a platform used by top companies around the world. Your work will have a direct impact on our users and clients.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, age, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).Not the right job for you? Take a look at the rest of our openings at carto.com/careers
See more open positions at CARTO
Something looks off?