Solutions Engineer - UK or Spain (Remote)
Posted on Wednesday, May 24, 2023
Everything happens somewhere - which is why spatial analytics is fundamental to companies trying to understand the “where” and the “why” of their business. CARTO is the leading cloud-native location intelligence platform, trusted by data scientists, data analysts, and developers from companies such as T-Mobile, Mastercard, NHL, Coca-Cola, and Deliveroo to provide geospatial insights for use cases such as site selection, geomarketing, network planning and much more.
With an exceptionally diverse team of 170 people spread across the US and Europe, CARTO is changing the way companies analyze location data - making it simple to do this straight out of modern, cloud data warehouses. Redefining its category, the company has grown rapidly in recent years providing a compelling alternative to legacy GIS software.
Our Solution Engineers are technical and creative and enjoy solving new and complex problems. We work to sharpen our technical skills and learn new technologies to help our customers to enable them to use geospatial technology to solve a wide range of problems and use cases.
The position is fully remote, but ideally based in Europe.
- Work closely with our Sales team, helping them understand our customer’s challenges, building a vision for a solution that solves a business problem, enabling the team, and organizing internal resources to deliver a winning proposal.
- Communicate effectively in both technical and business discussions, with both technology users and executive-level decision makers.
- Discover what a customer wants to accomplish and will define how it can be achieved with a geospatial solution.
- Transform requirements into a functional scope and economic proposal both for our SaaS platform and professional services.
- Design architectures for proposed solutions for use cases such as Site Selection, Territory Planning, Geomarketing, or Market Analysis.
- Develop proofs of concept and small applications using the CARTO platform.
- Position CARTO's unique value proposition and competitive differentiators in competitive procurement processes.
- Be a great communicator
- Be passionate about technology but also eager to learn how that technology can be applied to solve business problems.
- 3 or more years of expertise in GIS consultancy using any mix of geospatial technology and tools
- Strong knowledge and experience working with geospatial technology and tools, particularly open source tools and libraries
- Hands-on or knowledge of major cloud platforms (particularly data warehouses) such as Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery), Databricks, Snowflake, Amazon Web Services (Redshift), etc.
- A collaborative work style that can thrive in a flexible, fluid operating environment
- A positive mindset. You’re motivated with a sense of urgency in executing and delivering growth. You run quickly with little supervision
- Most of all, you are optimistic, data-driven, smart, and eager to learn!
- Competitive, results-based compensation.
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Access to private medical insurance
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming multicultural and multilingual company with a supportive, team-work oriented work environment
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Send us your resume and tell us about your interest. Be sure to let us know why you’re a great fit for this role and for CARTO!
Do you feel that you don't meet all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).
See more open positions at CARTO
Something looks off?