Support Engineer (America Time Zone)
Posted on Monday, August 7, 2023
Everything happens somewhere - which is why spatial analytics is fundamental to companies trying to understand the “where” and the “why” of their business. CARTO is the leading cloud-native location intelligence platform, trusted by data scientists, data analysts and developers from companies such as Vodafone, IKEA, Decathlon, Coca-Cola and Mastercard to provide geospatial insights for use cases such as site selection, geomarketing, route optimization, network planning and much more.
With an exceptionally diverse team of 190 people spread across the US and Europe, CARTO (backed by Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, among others) is changing the way companies analyze location data - making it simple to do this straight out of modern, cloud data warehouses. Redefining its category, the company has grown rapidly in recent years providing a compelling alternative to legacy GIS software.
CARTO with its new CARTO 3 platform has built the most advanced location intelligence platform which connects directly to the most used Data Warehouses in the industry such as Google’s BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake and Databricks; thus, allowing our partners and customers to do location intelligence and geospatial analysis directly where their data lives opening limitless possibilities for their businesses.
To continue this growth, the engineering team is looking for a Support Engineer to provide the best experience to our CARTO customers
Location: Remote (America)
- Provide support on technical inquiries to our customers through our support channels for our customers in America
- Analyze, triage and discuss with product management, engineering and design team members about providing clarity to our customers regarding their inquiries
- Develop technical examples to our customers and provide first-hand technical support
- Be available to on-call requests for agreed shifts
- Become an expert in a cloud native mapping platform and Spatial Analysis using SQL in modern warehouses like BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift and Databricks
- Participate with leading open source projects as deck.gl and be part of the data visualization community
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or related fields.
- Familiarity with different databases and data warehouse solutions (BigQuery, Snowflake, PostgreSQL) and with cloud ecosystems and infrastructure (Google Cloud, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in GIS ecosystem
- Experience troubleshooting issues of different or mixed nature from scratch and finding ways to reduce the severity of issues through alternative paths and coordinating with different internal stakeholders to meet our customers expectations
- Fluent English
- Autonomy, curiosity, really eagerness to learn, and good energy.
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Education Stipend
- Flexible compensation
- English classes
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
- Contribute to a platform used by top companies around the world. Your work will have a direct impact on our users and clients.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, age, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blogor follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).Not the right job for you? Take a look at the rest of our openings at carto.com/careers