Support Lead - Spain
Posted on Friday, January 5, 2024
Everything happens somewhere - which is why spatial analytics is fundamental to companies trying to understand the “where” and the “why” of their business. CARTO is the leading cloud-native location intelligence platform, trusted by data scientists, data analysts and developers from companies such as Vodafone, IKEA, Decathlon, Coca-Cola and Mastercard to provide geospatial insights for use cases such as site selection, geomarketing, route optimization, network planning and much more.
With an exceptionally diverse team of 190 people spread across the US and Europe, CARTO (backed by Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, among others) is changing the way companies analyze location data - making it simple to do this straight out of modern, cloud data warehouses. Redefining its category, the company has grown rapidly in recent years providing a compelling alternative to legacy GIS software.
CARTO with its new CARTO 3 platform has built the most advanced location intelligence platform which connects directly to the most used Data Warehouses in the industry such as Google’s BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake and Databricks; thus, allowing our partners and customers to do location intelligence and geospatial analysis directly where their data lives opening limitless possibilities for their businesses.
To continue this growth, the customer success team is looking for a Support Lead to work and focus on helping our customers get the most out of CARTO for them.
- Lead a team of Support Engineers in Europe and America regions
- Coordinate with Customer Success, Product Management and Engineering teams on customer requests and inquiries
- Be a hands-on team player and work with Technical Account Management tasks and directly with customer support requests
- Proactively identify what is working well and what needs to be improved for our end customers, and suggest practical ways to improve outcomes
- Become an expert in a cloud-native mapping platform and Spatial Analysis using SQL in modern warehouses like BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift and Databricks
- Data centric approach to manage the performance and efficiency of the support team’s workflows, processes and resource allocation.
- Prioritize product support queue based on quantifiable data and establish metrics on support issues
- Manage the hours assigned to projects, resources, and outcomes of Technical Account Managers
- Identify trends and patterns for feedback to the product team
- Experience working with or building a follow-the-sun support model
- Ability to translate complex technical messages into easy to follow communications for different stakeholders
- Client facing experience, handling difficult and sensitive situations
- Strong aptitude for effective task management and prioritization
- Familiarity with different databases and data warehouse solutions (BigQuery, Snowflake, PostgreSQL) and with cloud ecosystems and infrastructure (Google Cloud, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in GIS ecosystem
- Experience troubleshooting issues of different or mixed nature from scratch and finding ways to reduce the severity of issues through alternative paths and coordinating with different internal stakeholders to meet our customers expectations
- Comfortable leading and guiding other teammates and team initiatives in a proactive manner
- Curiosity, client-oriented and problem-solving mindset to find technical solutions for complex client business problems
- Fluent English and some Spanish is advantageous
- Autonomy, curiosity, really eagerness to learn, and good energy
- Ability to work cross functionally to solve organizational issues
- Experience in automating product support tasks and finding areas of increased efficiency
- Experience reporting the state of the organization to leadership
- Competitive, results-based compensation
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
- Education Stipend
- Flexible compensation
- English classes
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, age, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq). Not the right job for you? Take a look at the rest of our openings at carto.com/careers