Support Engineer - LATAM (remote)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
Everything happens somewhere - which is why spatial analytics is fundamental to companies trying to understand the “where” and the “why” of their business. CARTO is the leading cloud-native location intelligence platform, trusted by data scientists, data analysts and developers from companies such as T-Mobile, Mastercard, NHL, Coca-Cola and Gap to provide geospatial insights for use cases such as site selection, geomarketing, route optimization, network planning and much more.
With an exceptionally diverse team of 170 people spread across the US and Europe, CARTO (backed by Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, among others) is changing the way companies analyze location data - making it simple to do this straight out of modern, cloud data warehouses. Redefining its category, the company has grown rapidly in recent years, providing a compelling alternative to legacy GIS software.
We are looking for a growth-focused, and results-driven Support Engineer to work with CARTO’s most strategic customers to use location intelligence to solve their high-impact business needs. Our Support Team works and focuses on helping our customers get the most out of CARTO for them.
This is a remote role. The successful candidate will be working through a third-party company.
You will :
- Provide support on technical inquiries to our (GIS) customers through our support channels for our customers in America
- Analyze, triage and discuss with product management, engineering and design team members about providing clarity to our customers regarding their inquiries
- Develop technical examples for our customers and provide first-hand technical support, driving a high-impact resolution
- Provide product demonstrations and share best practices with our customers
- Present on technical topics related to the product, data, or GIS methods to the larger CARTO community and customer community
- Support the Customer Success Manager in building solutions using the CARTO product
- Problem solve to remove any blockers with advanced and complex use cases
- Be available to on-call requests for agreed shifts
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Geography, Data Science, Engineering, Mathematics, GIS, or a related field
- 2+ years of product support, professional or customer service experience in a similar position, supporting similar responsibilities
- Proficient in modern cloud computing technologies, specifically Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Spatial Analysis using SQL in modern warehouses like BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift, and Databricks
- Familiarity with different databases and data warehouse solutions (BigQuery, Snowflake, PostgreSQL) and with cloud ecosystems and infrastructure (Google Cloud, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience in the GIS ecosystem
- Experience troubleshooting issues of different or mixed nature from scratch and finding ways to reduce the severity of issues through alternative paths and coordinating with different internal stakeholders to meet our customers' expectations
- Fluent English
- Autonomy, curiosity, eagerness to learn, and good energy
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming, multicultural and multilingual company.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO, we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, age, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq). Not the right job for you? Take a look at the rest of our openings at carto.com/careers