Director of Product Marketing
Marketing & Communications, Product
Posted on Monday, January 29, 2024
Everything happens somewhere - which is why spatial analytics is fundamental to companies seeking to understand the “where” and the “why” of their business. CARTO is the leading cloud-native location intelligence platform, trusted by data scientists, data analysts and developers from companies such as Vodafone, IKEA, Decathlon, Coca-Cola and Mastercard to provide geospatial insights for use cases such as site selection, geomarketing, route optimization, network planning and much more.
With an exceptionally diverse team of 170 people spread across the US and Europe, CARTO (backed by Insight Partners, Accel Partners and Salesforce Ventures) is changing how companies analyze location data, simplifying how it is done by leveraging modern cloud data warehouses. Redefining its category, the company has grown rapidly in recent years providing a compelling alternative to legacy GIS software.
To continue our growth, we are looking for a high-energy, creative and hands-on Director of Product Marketing with a passion for technology and data in order to translate the value of our cloud native spatial analytics platform to our target buyer personas in the large enterprise sector by working with our cloud partners (Google, AWS, Snowflake, Databricks, etc.) and positioning our product and our brand as the leading solution for geospatial analysis in the cloud. Reporting to the VP Product, the ideal candidate will possess a unique blend of technical and business acumen, strategic vision, and a deep understanding of product marketing for B2B SaaS companies.
The preference for this position is to be working from our offices in Madrid or with our team based in London, with flexibility for hybrid remote work. We are also open to considering full remote candidates too.
- Own the relationship between our Product and Marketing teams, gaining an in-depth understanding of our roadmap, as well as setting up pricing and conducting user research.
- Build, mentor, and manage the product marketing team, ensuring they are set up for success in their roles and projects. Set up clear objectives and KPIs for the team to ensure alignment with the overall company strategy and goals.
- Define and deliver technical solution benefits and positioning, that are consistent and compelling, to commercial teams, internally and for our partner network.
- Work with partners alongside our sales team to ensure we generate demand hand in hand with key players such as Google Cloud, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift and other BI and Data Visualization giants. Collaborate with partners on joint marketing initiatives, co-marketing campaigns, and product integrations.
- Source, analyze and communicate customer and market intelligence so product, marketing and sales teams are armed to make the most informed decisions on their respective areas. Stay abreast of industry trends, market dynamics, and competitive landscape, conduct market research, customer surveys, and competitor analysis to identify opportunities and threats.
- Translate the value of CARTO’s product to a range of sectors and use cases, enabling us to continue building the cloud native spatial analysis category. Develop sales tools including sales scripts, presentations, and demonstration scripts and can effectively communicate solution benefits with internal sales teams and partners.
- Coordinate release campaigns and content that helps us to generate high quality leads and close business with key enterprise customers (e.g. website landing pages, sales decks, webinars, demos, battlecards, blog posts and press releases). Analyze campaign performance and customer feedback to identify areas for improvement.
- Position the CARTO brand in the Data Science and Developer communities, by interacting with industry analysts, key partners and playing a key part in developing our community of Data Scientists and Developers.
- Oversee product onboarding programs to help our users make the most out of CARTO, driving a best-in-class product experience and business results.
- Strategic Thinker: ability to think strategically and translate business objectives into actionable marketing plans.
- Tech-savvy: With a deep understanding of enterprise software environments, especially Cloud/SaaS analytics/Data warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions, applications & technologies including BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift and Databricks.
- Commercial acumen: you care about what moves the needle for pipeline creation, rather than focusing on vanity metrics.
- Data-driven: you are passionate about using data from Salesforce, Google Analytics, Hubspot and other platforms to drive an effective demand generation strategy.
- Collaborative Leader: with a proven track record of building and leading high-performing teams and the ability to foster collaboration in a cross-functional environment.
- An exceptional communicator: both internally between departments and externally with clients and partners. You make the effort to spend a significant amount of time with sales, pre-sales, customer success and product teams to gain insights that are relevant to your work.
- A gifted copywriter and storyteller: you can translate highly complex technology concepts to compelling stories that our partners, customers and prospects actually care about.
- Customer-centric: obsessed by the needs of our clients, prospects and partners, constantly learning about how their challenges are evolving.
- Thirsty to learn about the Location Intelligence and Data Analytics space: constantly gaining intelligence on existing and new competitors, eager to consume podcasts and webinars or read relevant reports to keep your finger on the pulse of our industry and the enterprises we sell to. When you don’t know how to do something, you just find a way to learn about it.
- You have bias for action: you get a buzz out of crossing things off your to-do list, you have the “get it done” attitude. You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional marketing experience, with previous experience in a leadership role.
- Proven track record in B2B SaaS product marketing, especially within the data analytics or cloud technology space.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with technical stakeholders at a SaaS company.
- Experience working with teams in multiple locations and cultures.
- An eye for design and brand guardianship.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and presentation skills.
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to be part of a forward-thinking company, shaping the future of modern geospatial analytics.
- Access to our employee stock options plan
- Private medical insurance.
- Education stipend
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, age, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).
Not the right job for you? Take a look at the rest of our openings at carto.com/careers