Mid-Market Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Everything happens somewhere - which is why spatial analytics is fundamental to companies trying to understand the “where” and the “why” of their business. CARTO is the leading cloud-native location intelligence platform, trusted by data scientists, data analysts and developers from companies such as Vodafone, IKEA, Decathlon, Coca-Cola and Mastercard to provide geospatial insights for use cases such as site selection, geomarketing, route optimization, network planning and much more.
With an exceptionally diverse team of 180 people spread across the US and Europe, CARTO (backed by Accel Partners, Salesforce Ventures, Earlybird Ventures, and Kibo Ventures, among others) is changing the way companies analyze location data - making it simple to do this straight out of modern, cloud data warehouses. Redefining its category, the company has grown rapidly in recent years providing a compelling alternative to legacy GIS software.
CARTO with its new CARTO 3 platform has built the most advanced location intelligence platform which connects directly to the most used Data Warehouses in the industry such as Google’s BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake and Databricks; thus, allowing our partners and customers to do location intelligence and geospatial analysis directly where their data lives opening limitless possibilities for their businesses.
To continue this growth, the North America Sales Team is looking for an experienced sales account executive to generate and execute sales plans with both new and existing customers and work with strategic cloud partners to drive sales opportunities actively and meet revenue goals.
- Be a highly motivated seller who is eager to be one of the key members responsible for expanding our customer base in North America and the World.
- Work with some of the most important companies in the US to develop a deep understanding of their needs and match them to the CARTO value proposition
- Meet and exceed direct sales goals
- Work hard and have fun!
- 2-5 years of successful selling in Saas software sales, preferably in the data science, BI, geospatial and analytics space
- A culture of prospecting through personal outbound, as well as collaborating with SDRs and Partners to maximize pipeline production. SDR experience is a plus.
- Experience working on creative, solution-oriented sales and business development activities.
- A track record of quota achievement in previous positions.
- A collaborative work style that can thrive in a flexible, fluid operating environment
- A positive mindset. You’re self- motivated with a sense of urgency in executing and delivering growth. You run quickly with little supervision
- Most of all, you are optimistic, data-driven, smart, and eager to learn!
- Competitive compensation.
- Access to our employee stock options plan.
- Education Stipend
- Flexible work hours in a focused but casual environment.
- Excellent benefits, including 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees.
- Generous—really generous—time off, 401k with match, and stock options.
- Growth prospects at a truly welcoming, multicultural and multilingual company.
- A big vision: to help the world use location-based data to make better decisions. We believe that openness and sustainability are baked into this vision, and we’re sharing it with the world.
Provide us your resume and explain your interest. Be sure to let us know why you’re a great match for this role and for CARTO!
Do you feel that you don't check all of the requirements? At CARTO we believe that professional development happens through teaching and learning from your peers and managers. Even if you’re uncertain about whether you have the experience we’re looking for, please apply if this position sparks your curiosity.
A diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger. We welcome you to apply to CARTO regardless of your background, gender, ethnicity, orientation, or ability.
To learn more about us, please visit our blog or follow us on Twitter (@carto) or Instagram (@cartohq).