Machine Learning Engineer Interns - Visual Document Analysis
We are developing an AI Platform for the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) industry. Our platform leverages advanced AI to enable construction domain experts to create complex use cases efficiently.
We are looking for full-time interns (for min. 6 months) to solve some cutting-edge machine learning problems and be a part of our product development.
You should have experience in implementing machine learning models in PyTorch, and be proficient in Python. Prior experience in visual document analysis, information extraction, OCR, or OCR-free methods would be preferred.
The successful candidate will:
- Extract and pre-process data from different document types
- Implement metrics to evaluate the performance of the approaches
- Discuss the task with customer-facing members to understand the problem and its constraints
- Proactively experiment with, and implement ML solutions to the problem
- Collaborate with ML engineers on model design, experiments, implementation and improvements
- Integrate the solutions to a common codebase and demonstrate good software engineering practices
- Communicate results and analysis on regular basis
- Pursuing a PhD / Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field enrolled in a German or EU university
- Experience in implementing machine learning models in PyTorch, specifically Vision-Language models
- Experience with visual document understanding
- Experience with OCR methods, OCR-free document understanding methods, e.g., Visual Document Question Answering (visual doc-QA) and Information Extraction
- Proficient in Python and good software engineering skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Fluent in English
- Eligible to work in Germany
You will be a part of an inclusive start-up culture in a stimulating "work hard, play hard" environment. You will work with (and party with) great colleagues with diverse backgrounds. Team events and after-work activities are frequent at CONXAI. You will be empowered to bring new perspectives and create impact.