Software Engineer - Calibration & Automation
eleQtron develops and operates full-stack quantum computers based on trapped-ion technology. Quantum computing is a new computing paradigm rapidly approaching commercial viability. Our unique approach combines laser-cooled trapped ions with microwave control and tailored magnetic fields. Our next-generation computing machines under development will be able to find solutions to problems that are out of reach today, thus enabling new innovative products and services for a brighter future.
We are looking for a Software Engineer – Calibration & Automation.
As a Software Engineer – Calibration & Automation, you will be part of a team with a mission to develop, set up and operate our trapped-ion quantum computers and relevant test devices. In this position you will contribute to the development and maintenance of the software. This is an on-site position, and you will collaborate closely with our international team of physicists and engineers from different disciplines.
- Develop, implement, and test robust control software for quantum computers using Python, ensuring code quality and security
- Conduct measurement and analysis of trapped ion quantum computer performance data
- Work on numerical models to enhance the performance of our quantum computers
- Design, implement, and test machine learning techniques to enhance closed-loop calibrations
- Uphold control software quality through the entire development lifecycle, including design, testing, code review, and maintenance
- Contribute actively to architectural decisions related to control software
- Identify and analyze system defects, address new requirements, and deliver high-quality solutions
- Engage in collaborative efforts with quantum physicists and engineers from diverse backgrounds
- Master´s degree in Computer Science, Data Science / Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- 3+ years of professional experience in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Experience with Python programming for data capture and data analysis
- Hands-on experience in version control software (Gitlab)
- Prior experience in relational, document and time-series DBs
- Creative and enjoy working in a multicultural and interdisciplinary team
- Communicate and write fluently in English
- Background in robotics/aviation/automotive
- Experienced in programmatic device control (SCPI, MODBUS, etc. over serial, USB, TCP)
- Expertise in embedded operating systems
- Experience in ARTIQ
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary: We value our team members and therefore provide remunerations that reflect this, additionally rewarding achievements.
- Employee participation: Our team can share in the company’s success through an attractive Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- Flexible working hours: We offer personal freedom through a variety of flexible work schedules.
- Team spirit: In our international and diverse team, and with our regular team events, having fun at work is simply part of the game.
- Further development: We want to grow together and so we offer our team members’ needs-based, individualized further training as well as plenty of room for personal development.
- Wellness Package: We offer health-promoting benefits such as fitness programs like UrbanSportsClub and EGYM Wellpass to support your well-being.
- Moving Benefits: A warm welcome! We are happy to support employees who move for us with a bonus.
- Ph.D. on the Job: Work energetically and earn your doctorate on the side? We make it possible.
- At the forefront: Work at the forefront of technology, where academic research meets commercial applications.
- Modern workplace: We have a high-quality infrastructure with laboratory space, offices, and meeting rooms.
What you can expect from eleQtron:
- eleQtron is a young startup with a unique and flexible working style through our adoption of the agile methodology. We encourage our team to think outside the box and provide access to high quality infrastructure, lab space, offices, and meeting rooms. We strive for an open atmosphere in which developing and commercializing world leading ion-trap-based quantum computers is not only possible, but fun.
- As a young organization, eleQtron has a flat hierarchy which provides excellent opportunities for self-development and room for growth. Our employees have a high degree of freedom and encouragement to contribute ideas and strategies.