Software Engineer - Test & Verification
eleQtron develops and operates full-stack quantum computers based on trapped-ion technology. Quantum computing is a new computing paradigm rapidly approaching commercial viability. Our unique approach combines laser-cooled trapped ions with microwave control and tailored magnetic fields. Our next-generation computing machines under development will be able to find solutions to problems that are out of reach today, thus enabling new innovative products and services for a brighter future.
We are looking for a Software Engineer, Test and Verification.
As a Software Engineer, Test and Verification, you will be part of a team with a mission to develop, set up and operate our trapped-ion quantum computers and relevant test devices. In this position you will contribute to the development and maintenance of the software while getting in touch with eleQtron hardware. This is an on-site position, and you will collaborate closely with our international team of physicists and engineers from different disciplines.
- Design, develop, test, and maintain high-quality software components of our quantum computers
- Setup and manage a test and verification environment
- Ensuring that the software stack performs its intended functions correctly
- Verifying that the software stack integrates seamlessly with the hardware components
- Assessing how well the software stack handles unexpected conditions, errors, or invalid inputs
- Evaluating the speed, responsiveness, and efficiency of the software stack
- Identifying and addressing potential security vulnerabilities in the software stack
- Verifying that changes or updates to the software stack do not negatively impact existing functionalities
- Ensuring that the software stack complies with relevant industry standards and regulations
- Using automated tools and scripts to perform repetitive and systematic testing, improving efficiency and repeatability
- Proactively drive the development of methodologies to cover various testing and verification aspects, such as robustness, dependability, and timing
- Ensure the maintainability and scalability of the provided solutions to support cost-efficiency goals
- Guarantee quality and compliance with standards for our software stack
- Actively research and evaluate new verification methodologies, propose innovative solutions, and make informed decisions to keep firmware and entire software stack verification at the forefront of technology
- Master´s or relevant experience in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of professional experience in a similar technical field
- Experience in test case planning, design, and development with a proven track of records in respective testing activities
- Experience in the development/maintain of the test automation and continuous. integration frameworks
- Expert knowledge of state-of-the-art firmware verification methods
- Hands-on experience in version control software (Gitlab)
- Creative and enjoy working in a multicultural and interdisciplinary team
- Communicate and write fluently in English
- Background in robotics/aviation/automotive
- Experienced in programmatic device control (SCPI, MODBUS, etc. over serial, USB, TCP)
- Expertise in embedded operating systems
- Experience in ARTIQ
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary: We value our team members and therefore provide remunerations that reflect this, additionally rewarding achievements.
- Employee participation: Our team can share in the company’s success through an attractive Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- Flexible working hours: We offer personal freedom through a variety of flexible work schedules.
- Team spirit: In our international and diverse team, and with our regular team events, having fun at work is simply part of the game.
- Further development: We want to grow together and so we offer our team members’ needs-based, individualized further training as well as plenty of room for personal development.
- Wellness Package: We offer health-promoting benefits such as fitness programs like UrbanSportsClub and EGYM Wellpass to support your well-being.
- Moving Benefits: A warm welcome! We are happy to support employees who move for us with a bonus.
- Ph.D. on the Job: Work energetically and earn your doctorate on the side? We make it possible.
- At the forefront: Work at the forefront of technology, where academic research meets commercial applications.
- Modern workplace: We have a high-quality infrastructure with laboratory space, offices, and meeting rooms.
What you can expect from eleQtron:
- eleQtron is a young startup with a unique and flexible working style through our adoption of the agile methodology. We encourage our team to think outside the box and provide access to high quality infrastructure, lab space, offices, and meeting rooms. We strive for an open atmosphere in which developing and commercializing world leading ion-trap-based quantum computers is not only possible, but fun.
- As a young organization, eleQtron has a flat hierarchy which provides excellent opportunities for self-development and room for growth. Our employees have a high degree of freedom and encouragement to contribute ideas and strategies.