Software Developer - Full Stack
eleQtron develops and operates full-stack quantum computers based on trapped-ion technology. Quantum computing is a new computing paradigm rapidly approaching commercial viability. Our unique approach combines laser-cooled trapped ions with microwave control and tailored magnetic fields. Our next-generation computing machines under development will be able to find solutions to problems that are out of reach today, thus enabling new innovative products and services for a brighter future.
We are looking for a Full Stack Software Developer
You will be part of a team with a mission to develop, set up and operate our trapped-ion quantum computers and relevant test devices. You will collaborate closely with our international team of physicists and engineers from different disciplines. Depending on your level of experience, you will work on one or more of the following tasks:
- Contribute to the development of different layers within our software stack, including firmware, GUI, and application integrations
- Implement responsive and visually appealing user interfaces to enhance user experience
- Responsible for development, testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the software stack by ensuring security
- Design and interact with relational, document, and time-series databases as needed for various application functionalities
- Optimize database performance and ensure data integrity
- Identify and resolve performance issues, bugs, and other technical challenges
- Proactively provide technical recommendations to improve the system
- Contribute creation of technical documentation (technical specification, developer. guidelines, user manuals etc.)
- Collaborate with quantum physicists, and engineers with diverse background
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- 4+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experienced in Python, REST APIs, web sockets
- Hands-on experience in version control software (Gitlab)
- Experienced in CI/CD for continuous integration and deployment
- Experience in software testing methodologies and debugging techniques
- Communicate fluently in emglish
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Background in robotics/aviation/automotive
- Experienced in programmatic device control (SCPI, MODBUS, etc. over serial, USB, TCP)
- Expertise in embedded operating systems
- Experience in ARTIQ
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary: We value our team members and therefore provide remunerations that reflect this, additionally rewarding achievements.
- Employee participation: Our team can share in the company’s success through an attractive Virtual Stock Option Plan (VSOP).
- Flexible working hours: We offer personal freedom through a variety of flexible work schedules.
- Team spirit: In our international and diverse team, and with our regular team events, having fun at work is simply part of the game.
- Further development: We want to grow together and so we offer our team members’ needs-based, individualized further training as well as plenty of room for personal development.
- Wellness Package: We offer health-promoting benefits such as fitness programs like UrbanSportsClub and EGYM Wellpass to support your well-being.
- Moving Benefits: A warm welcome! We are happy to support employees who move for us with a bonus.
- Ph.D. on the Job: Work energetically and earn your doctorate on the side? We make it possible.
- At the forefront: Work at the forefront of technology, where academic research meets commercial applications.
- Modern workplace: We have a high-quality infrastructure with laboratory space, offices, and meeting rooms.
What you can expect from eleQtron:
- eleQtron is a young startup with a unique and flexible working style through our adoption of the agile methodology. We encourage our team to think outside the box and provide access to high quality infrastructure, lab space, offices, and meeting rooms. We strive for an open atmosphere in which developing and commercializing world leading ion-trap-based quantum computers is not only possible, but fun.
- As a young organization, eleQtron has a flat hierarchy which provides excellent opportunities for self-development and room for growth. Our employees have a high degree of freedom and encouragement to contribute ideas and strategies.
Send in your application with CV and other documents to email@example.com.