Getsafe is a digital insurance company that creates a better insurance experience for everyone. Powered by its unique technological platform, Getsafe makes insurance simple, fair and accessible. As Getsafe replaces complexity and manual paperwork with smart bots and automation, customers can file claims or change their coverage in real time with just a few clicks.
Since launching in Germany in 2018, Getsafe has become one of the best-rated insurtechs in Europe, serving over 500,000 customers. After having started its UK operations in 2020, expanding to Austria in 2022, and entering the French market this year, Getsafe is looking to expand further in order to serve even more European markets. Headquartered in Heidelberg, Germany, with offices in London and Berlin, the company employs more than 250 people. In 2021, Getsafe received its insurance license from Germany’s financial regulator, BaFin. With €120 million raised to date, it is one of Europe’s top 10 funded insurtechs.
At Getsafe we believe in agile working methods: You can work remotely within Germany or the UK.
Data is the core of every insurance’s business model and thus one of the most critical ingredients for the future success of Getsafe. The Data Science team is responsible for researching opportunities and developing data products to give any customer in any market exactly the insurance products they need that protect what they care about, cost-effectively, and with a great service.
As a Data Scientist (m/f/d) you will be part of a visionary team in charge of developing data science products to solve business problems. You will be responsible for further developing and maintaining existing Data Science products, and contribute to the development of new ones. With services like dynamic pricing, lead score and customer lifetime value, we enable strategic steering and support the acquisition, sales and customer service teams. The possibilities to improve our processes based on data are countless, and we are continuously experimenting and iterating new data products.
- Perform advanced data analysis, identifying trends, patterns, and valuable insights to support strategic decision-making
- Connect business metrics to relevant datasets and create visually compelling visualizations that stakeholders can easily understand and utilize.
- Enhance existing predictive models and apply industry-standard techniques to solve complex business problems.
- Collaborate with a team that has strong software development practices in place that guarantee a seamless collaboration
- You will drive the data culture at Getsafe by presenting your insights to different stakeholders of the company and share your unique knowledge with your team members
- You are holding a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field of studies
- You have 3+ years of proven track record as a data scientist in the industry
- You have a strong foundation in applying common state of the art machine learning models
- You are proficient in Python
- You have experience working with cloud platforms to develop and serve Data Science solutions
- You are eager to work in an agile and ever-changing environment
- You have excellent communication skills, high quality awareness, a hands-on mentality, team spirit and willingness to learn
- You are fluent in English
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Remote, hybrid or office? The decision is yours! Work where and how you want in Germany or UK. Our modern offices are centrally located in Berlin and Heidelberg
- Workation? Enjoy the possibility to work up to 90 days abroad in the EU
- Participate in our employee stock ownership program and secure your company shares (VSOPs)
- Grow with us and use your personal Getsafe budget for personal and professional development
- Use the Getsafe insurance voucher for the product of your choice
- Apple or Microsoft? Choose your individual hardware
- Celebrate with us! Regular team events (summer party, Christmas party, hackathon, etc.)
MEET YOUR TEAM:
Susana Sanchez #teamspirit #foodlover #pancakesonweekend
Fabian Bergermann #barefoot #sportsaddict #outdoorenthusiast
Bose Oladipo #dataautomation #dancer #glassesgang
Interested? Let's Chat!