Senior Product Designer
Getsafe is a digital insurance company that creates a better insurance experience for everyone. Powered by its unique technological platform, Getsafe makes insurance simple, fair and accessible. As Getsafe replaces complexity and manual paperwork with smart bots and automation, customers can file claims or change their coverage in real time with just a few clicks.
Since launching in Germany in 2018, Getsafe has become one of the best-rated insurtechs in Europe, serving over 550,000 customers. After having started its UK operations in 2020, expanding to Austria in 2022, and entering the French market this year, Getsafe is looking to expand further in order to serve even more European markets. Headquartered in Heidelberg, Germany, with offices in London and Berlin, the company employs more than 250 people. In 2021, Getsafe received its insurance license from Germany’s financial regulator, BaFin. With €120 million raised to date, it is one of Europe’s top 10 funded insurtechs.
At Getsafe we believe in agile working methods: You can work remotely within Germany or the UK.
We’re looking for a superstar Senior Product Designer to come and join our newly formed engagement squad. Pairing with the squad's Product Manager (PM) you will be responsible for helping to shape and bring to life Getsafe’s long-term customer experience. Helping to make sure our customers love their Getsafe experience long after they sign up. You’ll nail the basics for our customers like making sure everyday policy management tasks are seamless, so you can turn your attention to helping design more exciting and engaging insurance products. Thinking outside of the phone to understand and build value that keeps bringing our customers back.
- You are capable of working with the PMs to shape and carry out customer research to ensure we put the customers needs at the centre of all our decisions making
- You can translate research and insights into user flows and features that balance and deliver value to our customers and business
- You're able to work with and translate brand guidelines and design system elements into beautiful interface elements and components that enable our users to achieve their goals
- You have a shipping mentality so you’re able to iterate quickly, building prototypes and testing with our users to quickly validate and understand what we need to launch first to learn and build upon
- You understand how to communicate designs to developers and include them in the process to make your products even better
- Have great communication, collaboration and presentation skills, including the ability to explain your ideas clearly and persuasively
- German Native or Fluent; Full professional proficiency in English
- You must have roughly 3-5 years of UX and UI experience
- A portfolio demonstrating your UX design process and visual design of digital products and features for native apps
- You should have an interest in technology, an eye for detail and a desire to learn on the go and think on your feet
- You're a Figma whizz - with an understanding of design patterns for behavioural change
- Experience in insurance or a related financial field
- An interest in the business value of design
TO APPLY: Please share a portfolio of your work that illustrates your involvement and how you've contributed to solving specific problems with excellent UX/UI skills. Your portfolio should demonstrate attention to detail, a strong capacity for logical and creative thinking, and an ability to clearly communicate the problem being solved and the rationale for solutions. Bonus for any insurance or financial-related case studies
PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Remote, hybrid or office? The decision is yours! Work where and how you want in Germany or the UK. Our modern offices are centrally located in Berlin, Heidelberg and London
- Workation? Enjoy the possibility to work up to 90 days abroad in the EU
- Participate in our employee stock ownership program and secure your company shares (VSOPs)
- Grow with us and use your personal Getsafe budget for personal and professional development
- Use the Getsafe insurance voucher for the product of your choice
- Apple or Microsoft? Choose your individual hardware
- Celebrate with us! Regular team events (summer party, Christmas party, hackathon, etc.)
Interested? Let’s chat!