Quality Control & Analytical Development Lead
Do you want to build a tastier future through cutting-edge technologies? We are looking for a mission-driven, creative and committed Quality Control & Analytical Development Lead to join us 🦆. Come and bring your skills to the table!
GOURMEY is one of Europe's leading cultivated meat companies with global ambitions. Our vision is to create sustainable cultivated meat delights directly from animal cells for a conscious generation. We believe in a world where succulence can share a table with positive impact and that cutting-edge technology combined with culinary arts can help us get there.
From engineers, scientists to culinary experts, we’re building an international team that shares the same passion for positive change. Currently a team of 50 Gourmates, we have dozens of nationalities at the table! Our differences are our strengths and our common language is food.
At GOURMEY, you will report directly to Nadine, our Chief Innovation Officer, and you will have a tight collaboration with other R&D teams as well as Quality Assurance, Regulation and Manufacturing departments.
What will you be responsible for?
As our first Analytical development & QC lead/ scientist, you will be responsible for building Gourmey’s Analytical & QC strategy, through appropriate robust analytical methods adapted to our needs and compliant with internal and external standards.
More specifically, you will be:
- Leading efforts to develop, validate or verify assays to control each step of our cell-to-product pipeline, in accordance with regulatory and quality requirements.
- Managing, supervising and conducting analytical development and QC studies of Gourmey’s cell lines, raw materials, reagents, ingredients and products, using a quality by design (QbD) approach during all phases of analytical development.
- Writing and validating quality documentation related to analytical development & quality control (e.g. ,QC reports, CoAs, study plans, Analytical Development reports / validation or verification reports) and contribute to quality management system documentation writings, including risk assessments, root cause analyses, SOPs, COSHH forms, quality reports and analytical test specifications.
- Ensure close collaboration & smooth communication to align and update R&D, regulatory and Quality teams on QC strategies and plannings and provide training on analytical assay development, QC assays execution and data processing when needed.
- Supporting the design of our QC laboratories at manufacturing sites and tech-transfering of in-house developed QC assays from R&D to our manufacturing QC Lab.
- Coordinating and maintaining relationships with external QC labs
- Growing and nurturing Gourmey’s QC team.
This role will work closely with our Quality, Regulatory, Lab Operations and Manufacturing teams.
What about you?
The ideal candidate has both the soft and hard skills that we are looking for: an experienced industry expert in Analytical Development & Quality Control / CMC, with strong project management and communication skills. Someone who has the ability to learn fast in a dynamic environment and who is passionate about GOURMEY’s mission to bring to market delicious and sustainable foods through innovation.
- +8 years of proven experience in an Analytical Development/ QC laboratory position in the Pharmaceutical Industry, in a GLP/GMP environment. Cell-based Meat industry experience is a plus.
- Strong technical knowledge on the development, verification and validation of QC assays.
- Knowledge of a wide-range of analytical chemistry techniques is a plus.
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken. We are a very international team, no need to speak French!
- Good communication and project management skills with the ability to translate a Regulatory / Quality strategy into day-to-day actions for researchers and engineers.
- You have an efficient and self-organized working style, meeting project deadlines and completing tasks effectively. Hands-on and action-driven.
- You are flexible and adaptable to a changing environment, and have the ability to work effectively in collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Enthusiastic, resilient, and with a strong work ethic and self-motivation; a sense of ownership and responsibility to drive outcomes. A positive, can-do attitude.
What do we offer?
You will join a fast-growing startup located in the center of Paris, with a global ambition to build the future of food through cutting-edge technologies in an inclusive work-environment valuing the importance of work-life balance, we offer:
- Participation in GOURMEY’s ESOP (Employee Stock option plan)
- 25 days of paid leave + 8 extra days (called “RTT” in France) + Whit Monday offered as a paid holiday
- An attractive company health insurance and work-life balance monitoring
- Since we are all foodies, we also offer a great kitchen, daily meal vouchers and fresh fruits and nuts delivered weekly.
- Furthermore, we support sustainable transportation and offer extra compensation to those who cycle to work.
What is our recruitment process?
Inclusiveness is at the heart of everything we do at GOURMEY. By being transparent about each step of the process, and why we do the things the way we do, we believe we can give all candidates a foretaste of GOURMEY’s culture. During the process you will meet some of your team members in different parts of the recruitment process which will look like:
- Interviews with our Head of HR, future colleagues and manager
- A remote case study in English to give you a taste of what we are working on at GOURMEY
- A last interview on-site (when possible) to meet part of the team and visit the labs & office
Want to know more about us?
We are a science, purpose and engineering-driven company, founded in 2019 and now entering its next phase of growth after our recent fundraising.We are dedicated to creating breakthrough technologies that will help address and push the boundaries of what’s possible – delivering innovations that benefit people and the planet. If you want to know more, have a look at our LinkedIn page, Career Site, Glassdoor reviews as well as the many press reviews (Bloomberg; Forbes).