Senior Software Engineer - Tooling and Extensions
Grow with HiveMQ as we lead IoT messaging and connectivity
We are a fast-growing tech start-up looking to add to our team of innovative and motivated people. HiveMQ is a messaging platform for reliable, secure and scalable data movement to and from connected IoT devices. Our vision is a connected world where people and companies can unleash their full potential. Our flagship product, the HiveMQ MQTT broker, is used by over 130 customers to develop new connected products, improve efficiencies, and drive down costs.
HiveMQ originated in Landshut, Germany, and has grown into a global, remote-first company. The last time we counted, we spoke 32 languages within HiveMQ. Join us as we work to contribute to the fast moving development of the IoT ecosystem and help companies enable mission critical use cases like connected cars, logistics, Industry 4.0 and connected IoT products.
HiveMQ’s Vision for this role
The HiveMQ development organization is dedicated to delivering the HiveMQ software platform with the highest standards of quality and reliability. As a member of the HiveMQ Tooling and Extensions team, you will design, develop, and deliver solutions that enhance the capabilities and enterprise integrations of the HiveMQ platform. Together with the team you work on solutions that help our customers to build world class IoT architectures based on the MQTT protocol. This role works in unison with other development and support teams to identify patterns, problems and opportunities that enhance the resilience of our platform and extension products. We work together following agile principles and believe relentless automation enables us to move fast while continuously meriting the trust that our customers store in us every day.
- Design, build, and maintain tools and extensions that integrate the HiveMQ platform with services, for example message queues and authentication / authorization providers
- Provide observability tools and extensions for tracing, metrics and logs
- Create self-healing software tools and extensions with state-of-the-art tools
- Work together with product management to create visionary functionality for IoT use-cases
- Develop and implement concurrent, maintainable, and performant algorithms
- Identify and eliminate performance bottlenecks
- Solve edge cases and find the common truths behind them
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and you can effectively work in a team
- A high sense of ownership and take pride in the work you accomplish
- Experience in developing and shipping business relevant software
- Experience writing reliable and scalable code
- Experience using git, test frameworks, and CI/CD tools
- Deep knowledge of the Java programming language
- The ability to debug complex problems and can identify and implement solutions for the future
- Experience designing high-throughput data-intensive applications
- Some experience integrating with third party message queues and services, such as Kafka, Kinesis, Google Pub/Sub, Azure Event Hubs or others
- Some experience with systems and services, such as MongoDB, Keycloak or others
EXCERPT FROM OUR CUSTOMER LIST
Informations about our job advertisements
Job advertisements of HiveMQ GmbH are always directed at female, male and various applicants, regardless of age, gender, religion, sexual identity, disability, race, ethnic origin, world view, etc. The selection of a candidate is exclusively based on qualifications. For organisational reasons, we cannot return application documents and cannot reimburse any expenses that you incur during the application process.