Platform Engineer - HiveMQ Cloud
Grow with HiveMQ as we lead IoT messaging and connectivity
We are a fast-growing tech start-up looking to add to our team of innovative and motivated people. HiveMQ is a messaging platform for reliable, secure and scalable data movement to and from connected IoT devices. Our vision is a connected world where people and companies can unleash their full potential. Our flagship product, the HiveMQ MQTT broker, is used by over 130 customers to develop new connected products, improve efficiencies, and drive down costs.
HiveMQ originated in Landshut, Germany, and has grown into a global, remote-first company. The last time we counted, we spoke 32 languages within HiveMQ. Join us as we work to contribute to the fast moving development of the IoT ecosystem and help companies enable mission critical use cases like connected cars, logistics, Industry 4.0 and connected IoT products.
HiveMQ’s Vision for this role
HiveMQ builds the nervous system of the interconnected world.
The HiveMQ Cloud team architects, develops, scales and operates the HiveMQ Cloud platform on which we provide our HiveMQ Cloud Dedicated and Pay-As-You-Go offerings for our customers. We build the platform to give them the power to connect millions of devices for thousands of users and all their critical connected use cases.
At HiveMQ we value top-notch, excellent technology and set the bar high for our engineering and operations standards.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Platform Infrastructure Engineer working on the heart of our platform, to design, implement, run and maintain our highly reliable, globally scalable and secure platform, infrastructure and operations stacks to provide the HiveMQ MQTT Broker as a managed Software as a Service (SaaS) product on various major cloud providers.
The HiveMQ Cloud team usually operates within European work hours.
- Learn everything about MQTT, IoT and large scale cloud platforms
- Architect, implement and maintain our HiveMQ Cloud platform and its massive infrastructure to deliver outstanding technology for our users
- Exploit Cloud Native Technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, ArgoCD, Terraform and the Prometheus/Grafana/Loki/Mimir operations stack in a highly automated manner
- Work closely with our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team to run our platform highly available, fully reliable and transparently observable
- Cooperate with our Product teams to enable and support them delivering new products and sophisticated features on top of the platform.
- Live a culture of teamwork, quality, growth, drive to action and excellence
- Contribute to the overall developer experience, platform quality and engineering vision of HiveMQ
- Profound Experience (5+ years) in architecting, developing and delivering scalable platforms, software, infrastructure and Cloud services with Cloud native technologies like Kubernetes, Docker, Linux and similar.
- Proven experience in implementing and running production grade Kubernetes workloads
- Multiple Years of Production Experience with at least one, some experience with one more of the major 3 cloud providers (Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- The ability to methodically diagnose systems, networking and application issues also under pressure and in on-call operation
- Strong Experience with metrics and monitoring solutions such as Grafana, Prometheus, Loki, Mimir or similar (like ElasticSearch, Kibana)
- High standards on building platform and infrastructure setups with modular reusable code, automation, Terraform, Helm, GitOps, CI/CD.
- Hands-On Experience with Databases (PostgreSQL or similar), Messaging and Streaming Processing Systems (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis, EventHub, Google PubSub), Interfaces (e.g. REST, ProtoBuf) and/or Security (e.g. Best practices, 2way TLS, Certificates) is a further big plus
- Hands-On Experience in developing production-grade Java 11+ code, ideally with Java SE 11+, Reactor, Micronaut, Quarkus, Vert.x or similar is a big plus
- A systematic but pragmatic approach paired with a high sense of ownership and take pride in the work you accomplish as a team
- A good understanding how agile platform engineering using Kanban in a self-organized team works
- Excellent English communication skills and an outstanding work ethic
EXCERPT FROM OUR CUSTOMER LIST
Informations about our job advertisements
Job advertisements of HiveMQ GmbH are always directed at female, male and various applicants, regardless of age, gender, religion, sexual identity, disability, race, ethnic origin, world view, etc. The selection of a candidate is exclusively based on qualifications. For organisational reasons, we cannot return application documents and cannot reimburse any expenses that you incur during the application process.