Head of Legal
Grow with HiveMQ as we lead IoT messaging and connectivity
We are a fast-growing tech start-up looking to add to our team of innovative and motivated people. HiveMQ is a messaging platform for reliable, secure and scalable data movement to and from connected IoT devices. Our vision is a connected world where people and companies can unleash their full potential. Our flagship product, the HiveMQ MQTT broker, is used by over 130 customers to develop new connected products, improve efficiencies, and drive down costs.
HiveMQ originated in Landshut, Germany, and has grown into a global, remote-first company. The last time we counted, we spoke 32 languages within HiveMQ. Join us as we work to contribute to the fast moving development of the IoT ecosystem and help companies enable mission critical use cases like connected cars, logistics, Industry 4.0 and connected IoT products.
HiveMQ’s Vision for this role
This role is to manage all legal affairs related to HiveMQ. You’ll get exposure to all levels and areas of the business, including product counsel work, privacy, data protection, compliance, IT security, employment law, Intellectual Property, IT law, and corporate work. You’ll be responsible for taking over and continuing the development and management of legal processes across the business as we continue our successful scale-up journey. This role requires business-oriented thinking, building strong relationships, and collaboration with our executives, sales, customer success, people, and engineering teams. You will be responsible for managing one direct report in the US and building a larger team in line with HiveMQ’s tenacious growth.
- Be the go-to person for all legal tasks for the C-Suite, product management, sales, marketing, People & Culture, and all other relevant business units that come up in a fast growing international scale up company
- Lead drafting and review of contracts, agreements, and other documents with legal relevance and contribute significantly to the further development of group-wide master templates, repeatable go to market activities and other sales facing tasks
- Partner with management and the functional departments to advise them on legal issues, risks, and solutions
- Manage internal projects with a legal focus, optimize and automate processes and create and support the implementation of group-wide guidelines always focusing on optimizing business activities while keeping an eye on the risks
- Provide training to employees on all legal matters
- Lead contract negotiations with large enterprise customers in cooperation with our sales and product teams
- Be responsible for compliance, IP, patents, corporate governance, data protection and other internal topics
- The key contact person for external law firms, handling all correspondence
You have …
- Qualified as a lawyer in Germany
- Fluent in German and English
- Excellent attention to detail and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and strategically think
- Strong bias for action
- Exposure to the US corporate law structure
- A successful track record with tough customer negotiations in enterprise sales
- Experience with the setup and expansion of SaaS or Subscription businesses
- Ideally worked as an in-house legal expert in scale-up companies
- An affinity for technology, including using and exploring different technological tools and a deep understanding for tech business models and customers’ needs
- Strong knowledge of IT contract, data protection and IP law and have already demonstrated this in practice (e.g. in a law firm or an IT company)
- Enthusiasm for technological developments and would like to work with the latest tools of the 21st century in your own work as well
- Curiosity and want to learn more about unfamiliar legal problems and areas.
EXCERPT FROM OUR CUSTOMER LIST
Informations about our job advertisements
Job advertisements of HiveMQ GmbH are always directed at female, male and various applicants, regardless of age, gender, religion, sexual identity, disability, race, ethnic origin, world view, etc. The selection of a candidate is exclusively based on qualifications. For organisational reasons, we cannot return application documents and cannot reimburse any expenses that you incur during the application process.