Regional Sales Leader - PST
Grow with HiveMQ as we lead IoT messaging and connectivity
We are a fast-growing tech start-up looking to add to our team of innovative and motivated people. HiveMQ is a messaging platform for reliable, secure and scalable data movement to and from connected IoT devices. Our vision is a connected world where people and companies can unleash their full potential. Our flagship product, the HiveMQ MQTT broker, is used by over 130 customers to develop new connected products, improve efficiencies, and drive down costs.
HiveMQ originated in Landshut, Germany, and has grown into a global, remote-first company. The last time we counted, we spoke 32 languages within HiveMQ. Join us as we work to contribute to the fast moving development of the IoT ecosystem and help companies enable mission critical use cases like connected cars, logistics, Industry 4.0 and connected IoT products.
What’s the Job?
The Director, Sales Management role is critical to HiveMQ’s rapid expansion in the US!
Your primary responsibilities are to:
- Lead, coach, and empower a team of 16 senior enterprise sellers (with 10+ years experience) to build a robust pipeline, close 6-and 7-figure deals, and exceed revenue targets
- Maximize customer engagement and revenue generation by embracing HiveMQ’s consultative, value-based, land and expand sales strategy
- Optimize team performance by maintaining the highest standards during key stages of the sales process:
- outbound prospecting
- pipeline development and deal progress
- proposal development and negotiation
- customer relationship development
- forecasting versus target
- internal resource prioritization
- Provide hands-on guidance with complex sales situations, deals and negotiations
- Implement strategic and tactical improvements to improve pipeline growth, win rate and contract value, and reduce sales cycle length
- Partner with Marketing, Customer Success, and Product Management to ensure customers receive an exceptional experience and can objectively quantify HiveMQ’s positive impact on their business outcomes
- Collaborate with other HiveMQ Sales Managers by sharing best-practices for the overall team's benefit
Who You Are!
- 10+ years of overall B2B sales experience; ideally focused on middleware, database, messaging or other infrastructure related SaaS solutions
- 3-5 + years in a sales management role
- A subservient, empathetic manager who achieves team success by empowering individuals to embrace their unique styles while pursuing the overall strategy
- Experience engaging enterprise customers using a consultative, value-based methodology
- Ability to build strong, but ego-free, internal and external personal relationships
- Leverage sales techstack data to validate ideas, recommendations and decisions
- Demonstrated success in a dynamic startup environment
- Experienced with contract review and negotiation
- You have a sense of urgency to identify and fix issues right away
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Curiosity is a positive factor in your success
Don’t meet every requirement listed? Research trends show that women or people of underrepresented groups tend not to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At HiveMQ, we know that diverse teams produce better results, so if your experience isn’t exactly what we listed above but you’re interested in this role, we’d love for you to apply!
What Do You Get?
- Fully-remote culture with frequent fun, virtual events and year end trip
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- New Apple laptop, iPhone, and full work-from-home tech setup
- 28 days of PTO a year
- Inclusive company culture and outstanding co-workers
Does this role sound like you? Then please apply!
We’re intentionally building an inclusive environment where HiveMQers feel welcomed, valued, and heard. HiveMQ is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EXCERPT FROM OUR CUSTOMER LIST
Informations about our job advertisements
Job advertisements of HiveMQ GmbH are always directed at female, male and various applicants, regardless of age, gender, religion, sexual identity, disability, race, ethnic origin, world view, etc. The selection of a candidate is exclusively based on qualifications. For organisational reasons, we cannot return application documents and cannot reimburse any expenses that you incur during the application process.