Director of Solutions Engineering
HiveMQ empowers businesses to transform with the most trusted MQTT platform. Designed to connect, communicate, and control IoT data under real-world stress, the HiveMQ MQTT platform is the proven enterprise standard and powers use cases in automotive, energy, logistics, smart manufacturing, transportation, and more. Leading brands like Audi, BMW, Liberty Global, Mercedes-Benz, Siemens, and ZF choose HiveMQ to build smarter IoT projects, modernize factories, and create better customer experiences.
HiveMQ is a remote-first company headquartered in Landshut, Germany, with a US office in Boston, Massachusetts. The last time we counted, we spoke 32 languages within our diverse team at HiveMQ. We are looking for innovative, motivated, and passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing company.
HiveMQ’s Vision for this role
As the Director of Solutions Engineering at HiveMQ you will be responsible for providing pre-sales technical thought leadership and hands-on engagement on how HiveMQ’s technology can help in the development and implementation of our customer’s digital initiatives across EMEA and North America and beyond by successfully managing and leading our team of Solutions Engineers.
- Lead, coach, and empower a team of 7+ Solutions Engineers across EMEA and North America by providing support and guidance and fostering an environment of collaboration and innovation
- Collaborate cross functionally with Sales, Product and Management to ensure successful delivery on customer needs
- Train your team to become solutions architects who act as trusted advisors to our clients and recommend best practices.
- Provide solutions information and value selling advice to service personnel, company sales representatives, and customer’s employees
- Have the aptitude and social skills to advance business opportunities, ensuring any technical concerns and questions are addressed to ensure success in the sales cycle
- Oversee the design and implementation of solutions that leverage HiveMQ's products, ensuring they meet customer expectations and industry best practices.
- Provide technical leadership in the development of Proof of Concepts (POCs) and prototypes.
- Speak at Industry Events, Meet-ups, and Workshops
- 12+ years’ experience working in Solutions Engineering with 5+ years working in a management role
- Experience in managing teams remotely distributed across EMEA and North America
- Proven experience up-levelling Solutions Engineers on solutions architecture and ROI value selling topics.
- Technical aptitude in at least one or more of the following areas: Application integration, Ecosystem Knowledge: Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, MQTT, Cloud Platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Development Experience: Java, MQTT
- Strong communication skills in English
EXCERPT FROM OUR CUSTOMER LIST
Informations about our job advertisements
Job advertisements of HiveMQ GmbH are always directed at female, male and various applicants, regardless of age, gender, religion, sexual identity, disability, race, ethnic origin, world view, etc. The selection of a candidate is exclusively based on qualifications. For organisational reasons, we cannot return application documents and cannot reimburse any expenses that you incur during the application process.