Senior Software Engineer
Grow with HiveMQ as we lead IoT messaging and connectivity
We are a fast-growing tech start-up looking to add to our team of innovative and motivated people. HiveMQ is a messaging platform for reliable, secure and scalable data movement to and from connected IoT devices. Our vision is a connected world where people and companies can unleash their full potential. Our flagship product, the HiveMQ MQTT broker, is used by over 130 customers to develop new connected products, improve efficiencies, and drive down costs.
HiveMQ originated in Landshut, Germany, and has grown into a global, remote-first company. The last time we counted, we spoke 32 languages within HiveMQ. Join us as we work to contribute to the fast moving development of the IoT ecosystem and help companies enable mission critical use cases like connected cars, logistics, Industry 4.0 and connected IoT products.
HiveMQ’s Vision for this role
The HiveMQ Dev team is dedicated to ensuring application resiliency and delivering the HiveMQ software platform in the highest quality. As a member of the HiveMQ development team, you will design, develop, and deliver solutions that enhance the scalability, availability, and efficiency of the HiveMQ software portfolio. This role works in unison with our support and SaaS teams identifying problems, patterns, anti-patterns, and opportunities to add resilience to our platform and core product. We work with agile principles and believe ruthless automation enables us to move fast while continuously meriting the trust that our customers store in us every day.
- Architect, build, and maintain the core software for massively-scalable global MQTT deployments
- Create self-healing software systems with state-of-the-art tools
- Work together with product management to create visionary functionality
- Develop and implement concurrent, maintainable, and performant algorithms
- Work intensively with profilers, benchmarking, and state analysis tools
- Identify and eliminate performance bottlenecks
- Solve edge cases and find the common truths behind them
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and you can effectively coordinate and work in a team of developers
- A high sense of ownership and take pride in the work you accomplish
- Experience developing and shipping business relevant software
- Experience writing reliable and scalable software
- Experience using git, testing, and CI/CD tools
- Deep knowledge of Java and the JVM
- Ability to debug complex problems to find and implement solutions for the future
- Experience designing high-throughput data-intensive applications
- Experience integrating with state of the art third party systems, like MongoDB, Kafka or Hazelcast
EXCERPT FROM OUR CUSTOMER LIST
Informations about our job advertisements
Job advertisements of HiveMQ GmbH are always directed at female, male and various applicants, regardless of age, gender, religion, sexual identity, disability, race, ethnic origin, world view, etc. The selection of a candidate is exclusively based on qualifications. For organisational reasons, we cannot return application documents and cannot reimburse any expenses that you incur during the application process.